Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Scope 7mm Rem Mag

I need to buy a new scope for my 7mm Rem Mag. The two options I have looked at in my budget is :

1. LYNX Rifle Scope LX3 2.5-15x50 Tactical
    2. RUDOLPH V1 5-25x50 T3 ILLUMINATED

I have shot with the Lynx before on friend's rifle and really enjoyed it. Although made for tactical use the scope worked well for hunting. I also found the lynx tactical reticle very good.

I have not yet used a RUDOLPH before. I have looked at it in the gun store and also looks like quality product.

I am not looking to start a "the best one" argument but I would really appreciate opinions on these scopes from members who have used them or who are currently using them.

Default Re: Scope 7mm Rem Mag

What are you going to use the rifle for?

User

Used for hunting. Can say about 70% bushveld and 30% plains.

User

Personally, I would steer clear of any Rudolph-branded product. The item may (or may not) be of decent quality, but the after sales service is non-existent. (That's the one with the "No Questions Asked Lifetime Warranty".) Among more affordable scopes, the Vortex warranty is the best in business, so I can recommend them. I also have scopes made by Lynx and Leupold. About half of them from both brands have been back to the factory for service or repairs. They came back as good as new and only cost me the transport (1 way). The advantage of Lynx is their workshop is in Jhb, so return time is pretty fast. Determine what scope will fit your needs best. A common mistake many shooters make is to buy a scope with too much magnification. I regularly see people on the range and in the field mess up a shot due to having dialed (or forgotten it with) too much magnification. If you are going to stretch the 7RM to 1500m, then 24x is just right. If not, well, then don't go there. 15x is usually more than enough for any reasonable purposes in the field.

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

Between the two options I would use the Lynx. I have few Lynx scopes on various rifles and they all serve me well. In my opinion Lynx might be underrated.

Banned

Lynx is definitely underrated.

Try get hold of Mo here on G/S, he has a brand new Night Force scope, never mounted that he needs to sell. I think its about a R15 000 scope ?? (not going research it ), ask what he would want for it second hand new ?
    i do believe the Night Force scopes are up there with the really good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by geogun View Post
    Used for hunting. Can say about 70% bushveld and 30% plains.
    Then, out of the two you mention, the Lynx would be the best choice.

i have the rudulph and it's a great scope. And I found the after sales service really good. I dropped my rifle and bent the scope. Took it through to Jan at Rudulph in stellenbosch and they sorted it out no questions no cost. While they did that he took me through all the scopes in their range and explained all sorts to me. So I can recommend them. BUt I haven't used Lync so can't comment

Bushveld the 2.5x. Have used the 2.5-15x on a mates rifle before. Never even considered Lynx up to that point but its good glass and well priced(at the time don't know now).

Lynx LX3.

Glass is top quality. Service from Lynx is fantastic.

I have 2, but mine are the bigger model, glass quality is the same.

I had a PST gen 2, glass was not as good as my LX3.
    Last edited by 414gates; 10-03-2021 at 13:47. Reason: addendum

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast