Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Carry method for the wife

I would like some advice on a suitable EDC method for my better half, please?

Background:

She has a Glock 19 (amongst others) that she has become quite capable with. It is the best option at present.
    After 20 years of married life, and 4 kids, she is not as slim and trim as when we got married anymore. (Mind you, I have gained about 20kg too.) She is slightly vertically challenged as well.

She has tried all my holsters in various positions.
    An OWB holster in the 02.00 - 03-00 position is comfy and useable, but not concealable. Reserved for range use.
    IWB at various positions does not work. The holster/gun hurts her anywhere in the front, and is very difficult to draw from 03.00 and back.
    She has tried a belly band and complains about it causing heartburn. Perspiration is also an issue, especially in our hot summers.

I have suggested a change to a G43, but she does not show much entusiasm for that option yet.

Any suggestions on suitable concealed carry methods for more "mature" women would be appreciated.

Default Re: Carry method for the wife

Shoulder rig.

User

Quote Originally Posted by 414gates View Post
    Shoulder rig.
    I have not seen an effective shoulder rig yet. (I did own a "Jackass" shoulder rig once.) Any suggestions on a suitable rig?

User

I am unfortunately a guy so I am not sure if my 2c is worth anything but I am on bit on short side and definitely on fat side.
    I carry a g43 most days and a P01 when not at work.

What I have found with the P01 is at 3'o clock with a forward cant helps with the draw as well as comfort. my G43 stays in a custom GKCS holster with adjustable cant and ulticlip.

there was also a few threads on getting specific built AWIB holsters. a straight drop IWB does not make a good AWIB.
    also something about a wedge being added to the holsters to aid with the AWIB comfort.

also PM lynette (hellkitty) from TacShac she may be able to help

Banned

My wife is severely vertically challenged(1.5mt) and was a bit healthy after having our son. She was comfortable with a Po1 in a CKCS hybrid holster at 3-3:30 with a bit of a forward cant. Her love handles eased any discomfort

Depending on body shape and wardrobe, your wife might be able to get away with a torso or chest holster that doesn't require cross draw. Is the OWB holster sticking out too far, printing too much? If it's an issue of printing, you could try adding extra material to the holster to act as a shroud, to get a similar appearance to the image below.

Banned

Lethal Lace is an option; or she can have a look at the Flash bang bra holster if if fits her profile and firearm. Or if she wears skirts she can get a thigh rig.

User

Not all belly bands are created equal. Which one did she try?

We're quite happy with these:

http://www.gunsgalore.co.za/product/gg-hip-band-gen-2/

Locally made. I think I found them through this forum. The holster slots are stiff and the belt is broader than most.

User

Thread: Carry method for the wife. It depends on how much she weighs. Just lift with your legs:)

User

https://www.thunderwear.com/

I have one (std model) I bought years ago and it has it's place and works quite well taking into consideration (imo) that it is a "soft" holster and care should be taken with striker fired guns and one up.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast