Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default DSS motivationals... does anyone have one for me to look at?

Does anyone have a DSS motivational letter that I could use as a base for my DSS application?

I have a 'base letter' that I've typed up so far, but would like to ensure my DSS application is well motivated.

Any ideas/help is greatly appreciated.

I am a member of xyz club since February 2009 and attend club events regularly.
    I have accumulated 20+ points thus far I wish to increase my activities at club level and therefore wish to apply for Dedicated Sportsman status to allow me to buy the various guns I wish to shoot.
    My SADPA number is XXX.
    sleep when you're dead

I worded mine in a statement format but any format will do as long as you include the required information which can be found on the SADPA website:

Process for applying for a Dedicated Sportsman’s Status certificate
    The following minimum requirements that must accompany each application.
    • Applicant to supply full names; ID number; contact telephone numbers;
    • Applicant to supply residential address (Not postal);
    • Applicant to supply SADPA number and affiliated club details;
    • Applicant to supply the divisions he/she partakes in and any classifications
    held in such division;
    • Applicant to supply dates of shooting matches and points earned;
    • Applicant to include in application a short motivation for dedicated status.
    (This is NOT for CFR purposes)
    • Applicant can include previous Bona-Fide Sportsman certificates for
    motivation.
    The above application must please be held to a one page of information (if
    possible).

APPLICATION FOR DEDICATED SPORTMAN STATUS THROUGH THE SADPA

I NAME AND SURNAME with ID number 123456789 and resident at HOME ADDRESS with contact number 00000000 hereby apply for dedicated sportman status through the South African Defensive Pistol Association (SADPA). I am a paid up member of the CLUB NAME Defensive Pistol Club (CNDPC) with membership number 00 as well as a paid up member of the SADPA with membership number 000.

I joined SADPA in DATE JOINED and also completed a New Shooter Orientation (NSO) during that same month / NSO DATE. I currently take part in the DIVISION1 and DIVISION2 divisions at SADPA club shoots as a CLASSIFICATION shooter.

The dates of and points earned in shooting matches thus far can be found in the table below:
    Date Shoot Club Division Classification Points

Total Points 20

I am applying for dedicated sportman status because of the following reasons:

• I enjoy the defensive and practical nature of the IDPA shooting discipline.
    • I believe the IDPA shooting discipline provides good practice for maintaining a high level of shooting skills.
    • I would like to participate in other IDPA divisions such as DIVISION 3, DIVISION 4 and DIVISION 5 and would like to purchase firearms for that purpose. Dedicated sportman certification would afford me the opportunity to purchase additional firearms to further enhance my sport shooting experience.

I trust that this application for dedicated sportman status will be reviewed favourably by the SADPA.

Yours truly

AN OTHER

User

Thanks guys, really appreciate it!

Rudes
    Missed you at the shoot on sat, when we seeing you again?

I had quite a few odd jobs to do around the plot and had to cast bullets to renew my ammo supply but am GTG for the League at PDPC this coming Saturday. Need this League so that I can shoot the Champs in August.

See you on the range....

User

Quote Originally Posted by Rudes View Post
    I had quite a few odd jobs to do around the plot and had to cast bullets to renew my ammo supply but am GTG for the League at PDPC this coming Saturday. Need this League so that I can shoot the Champs in August.

See you on the range....
    Ah! All good mate, probably see you at the champs then, not shooting PDPC this comming weekend.

User

Sorry, just jumped onto this thread now. From the thread title I assumed that it was a motivation for the firearm license under DSS.
    So, you need to motivate to SADPA to get your DSS certificate or letter (to be certified DSS in order to apply for a license under that section)? Is that right?

Banned

[CENTER][CENTER][LEFT]
    • I enjoy the defensive and practical nature of the IDPA shooting discipline.
    • I believe the IDPA shooting discipline provides good practice for maintaining a high level of shooting skills.
    • I would like to participate in other IDPA divisions such as DIVISION 3, DIVISION 4 and DIVISION 5 and would like to purchase firearms for that purpose. Dedicated sportman certification would afford me the opportunity to purchase additional firearms to further enhance my sport shooting experience.

Dont bother with point 1 and 2. Point three on its own was enough to get me a DSS. Also mention that according to the FCA you cannot participate in 3 gun with semi autos with out DSS and that you would like to one day particiapate in those rifle leagues. (unless of course you have no interest in 3 gun)

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigal View Post
    Sorry, just jumped onto this thread now. From the thread title I assumed that it was a motivation for the firearm license under DSS.
    So, you need to motivate to SADPA to get your DSS certificate or letter (to be certified DSS in order to apply for a license under that section)? Is that right?
    Correct it is a formal application but it is generally accepted that you get DSS status when you have 20 points and comply with the rest of the requirements when you do your application.

User

Correct it is a formal application but it is generally accepted that you get DSS status when you have 20 points and comply with the rest of the requirements when you do your application.
    Thanks Rudes!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast