Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11
    User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Knysna
    Age
    82
    Posts
    1,416

    Default Re: Personal First Aid Kit & Personal Survival Kit

    Sounds good.At night the smoke makes a great carrier for a laser ,should be visble for miles.

  2. #12
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    33
    Posts
    7,145

    Default Re: Personal First Aid Kit & Personal Survival Kit

    I would swap the knife out for a fixed blade of some sort, a little bit stronger and can be used for prying etc

  3. #13
    User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    GP
    Age
    46
    Posts
    3,870

    Default Re: Personal First Aid Kit & Personal Survival Kit

    Quote Originally Posted by monkey pilot View Post
    Hi Knipmes, thanx for the info, I will find a some cortisone and add it to both kits

    Wesley, the activated charcoal, I have used it for Food poisoning, and also upset stomach which is extremely common due to the situation here food drinking water for instance only bottled water for drinking, all the water from the taps has alot of corrosion and rust, so charcoal tablets is the saviour maybe its just a placebo lol

    Thudrukis, we have the Spot tracker in the aircraft which is being used for tracking of the aircraft, we used a device Inreach Delorme, connect to your smartfone via Bluetooth, and the instead of making calls via satellite, you can send short texts, that worked purfect, but it got damaged during a hike, only 3% of the country has cellphone reception.

    Rick Pascoe, Lifestraw is on order from Amazon,

    Thanx guys helped alot
    Charcoal tabs are a must. I have them everywhere. They are good to use for ingested poison (a must with kids) Any stomach issues are easily treated as a first option with charcoal tabs as you can't overdose on them, Each tablet has a huge surface area ( think rugby field) and capture many problematic biological and chemicals and have them pass through your system without being absorbed.

    The only downside is that charcoal does not differentiate between good and bad so don't take them with other medications as they may reduce the efficacy.

  4. #14

    Default Re: Personal First Aid Kit & Personal Survival Kit

    Quote Originally Posted by The Beast View Post
    Charcoal tabs are a must. I have them everywhere. They are good to use for ingested poison (a must with kids) Any stomach issues are easily treated as a first option with charcoal tabs as you can't overdose on them, Each tablet has a huge surface area ( think rugby field) and capture many problematic biological and chemicals and have them pass through your system without being absorbed.

    The only downside is that charcoal does not differentiate between good and bad so don't take them with other medications as they may reduce the efficacy.
    Here comes the beast.

    Yeah man charcoal has saved my day a few time and some of my colleagues, the worst part is, seeing guy struglle with an upset tummy and then trying to convince him it will actually help,

    Some of these guys here, call sick for the smallest cought of stomach troubles which inturn put loads of stress and work on the remainder, so i try to fix them and myself up to prevent it.

  5. #15
    User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    GP
    Age
    46
    Posts
    3,870

    Default Re: Personal First Aid Kit & Personal Survival Kit

    Quote Originally Posted by monkey pilot View Post
    Here comes the beast.

    Yeah man charcoal has saved my day a few time and some of my colleagues, the worst part is, seeing guy struglle with an upset tummy and then trying to convince him it will actually help,

    Some of these guys here, call sick for the smallest cought of stomach troubles which inturn put loads of stress and work on the remainder, so i try to fix them and myself up to prevent it.
    We had a older family member struggle for weeks with a stomach bug. Not serious but persistent. She tried every possible medication without success. Eventually, after repeated insistence, she tried charcoal, next day she was better. Go figure. Now she was upset that we were right. LOL old people...

    It even helps with flu/cold as all the bugs in the mucus that goes to your stomach from the postnasal drip get captured and pass through without affecting you further...

  6. #16

    Default Re: Personal First Aid Kit & Personal Survival Kit

    I would add more super glue and a small amount of bicarb to make it set quick. I find it works better than dermal adhesives in humid environments.

  7. #17

    Default Re: Personal First Aid Kit & Personal Survival Kit

    Quote Originally Posted by Ωhm View Post
    I would add more super glue and a small amount of bicarb to make it set quick. I find it works better than dermal adhesives in humid environments.
    Hi man, I use super glue often to close small cuts and stop bleeding,

  8. #18
    User
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Pretoria
    Posts
    1,255

    Default Re: Personal First Aid Kit & Personal Survival Kit

    Quote Originally Posted by monkey pilot View Post
    Hi man, I use super glue often to close small cuts and stop bleeding,
    Superglue or Tissue glue works well with small cuts. For the untrained dealing with larger lacerations or cuts, I will advise a skin clip device such as these.
    http://www.google.co.za/search?q=ski...P2W4UjjHPeHCM:

    Just wash out the wound and close the skin till you can get to a doctor. Get a yearly Tetanus Toxoid booster shot.

  9. #19

    Default Re: Personal First Aid Kit & Personal Survival Kit

    Instead of matches rather have a lighter, it’s good for lots of lights and if the flint gets wet it just needs to be dried and then will continue working. A roll of insulation tape is always good to have nearby can be used to repair broken books, help with shelter construction as well as a means to keep bandages on.

  10. #20
    User
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Alberton
    Age
    48
    Posts
    653

    Default Re: Personal First Aid Kit & Personal Survival Kit

    Quote Originally Posted by Controller View Post
    Instead of matches rather have a lighter, it’s good for lots of lights and if the flint gets wet it just needs to be dried and then will continue working. A roll of insulation tape is always good to have nearby can be used to repair broken books, help with shelter construction as well as a means to keep bandages on.
    agreed, also good for emergency repairs to water bottles. can be used to keep stuff rolled up tightly, hold stuff in place, etc, etc, etc. a million uses, along with cable ties, in emergency or SHTF situations...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •