Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SAGA or GOSA or both?

The question I have is precisely that. I first found out about GOSA and joined as soon as I decided to become a firearm owner. Subsequently I found out about SAGA. The cost to join is not a lot so the question is...is it necessary? advisable? a good idea? to join both. If so, why? thanks!

Default Re: SAGA or GOSA or both?

SAGA who?
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

I am a member of both and find value from both. I believe they fulfil complementary roles in the pro-firearms lobby. In addition to that, I have potential support from GOSA in case of a licence refusal, and public liability insurance from SAGA. Joining both will cost you less than a day at the range.

LOL i agree with Skaaphaas on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Katlagter View Post
    I am a member of both and find value from both. I believe they fulfil complementary roles in the pro-firearms lobby. In addition to that, I have potential support from GOSA in case of a licence refusal, and public liability insurance from SAGA. Joining both will cost you less than a day at the range.
    Both, the indemnity cover with SAGA worth it unless I can be proven wrong. Also GOSA worth it no 2 ways.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Katlagter View Post
    I'm with Katlagter on this.

Thanks for the input all. R200 is not going to break the bank so I am going to join SAGA as well.

If you have a comprehensive vehicle insurance policy, there’s a good chance that you have a personal liability policy there as well. Mine is for R 5 bar.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

SAGA seems to be unloved but in my opinion they are doing good work, maybe (definitely) not as much as GOSA, but they are part of the gun rights lobby and add another voice that fight for our rights. More members add weight their efforts, and even if some believe they can do more, we need every bit of positive lobbying we can get.

Okay, what has SAGA done in the past 5 years? We attempted a SAGA “revival” here on GS and got simply no joy from SAGA.

The last relevant thing SAGA did that I remember was when John Welch appeared on TV during the OP trial for a panel interview, and made mention that sport guns cannot be used for SD. I had a bit of a wobble about it, WZ stated that he thought Welch was being strategic and playing the long game. My respect for WZ’s opinions being what it is, I left it. However, having seen zero relevant work from them since (it might very well be there, I just haven’t seen it), I now doubt that Welch was planning something.

SAGA is STILL a trust. In today’s day and age. Prinicples of corporate governance mean nothing to them. It was (is?) entirely opaque in its operations and I got absolutely zero value for my membership money, on the contrary I had to hear the chairman seemingly throw us under the bus, and having to trust they had my good interests at heart.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast