Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bad service

User

Default Bad service

So, went to VLT arms the other day and I was really disappointed. I walked in on week day afternoon, there were maybe 4 of us in there at the time so it really wasn't busy. Not only were the staff completely uninterested, but rude as well. After reluctantly helping me out, I asked for a quote and handed over both my email address and my number. No quote, no email, no reply to my email even after following up with them. Really not impressed at all.

I hope I caught them on a bad day and this isn't the norm, just wanted to share my experiences with the community. Went to Savuti today and they were nothing but polite, be it a little disinterested, but I get that. It was day and night when compared with VLT.

Banned

Default Re: Bad service

Must say I have received only good service from them and I get a 10% discount on anything I buy. ( I started to buy from them I think is was in the mid 1980's)

User

I have shopped far and wide for firearms and accessories, in both "bricks & mortar" shops, and online, and I'm sure I'm still a small fry, compared to what some of our members have bought and spent.

I have been both charmed and shocked at what some companies dish up. There are a select few that I would be happy throwing my money at all day long and there are others that have disappointed repeatedly, often when it comes to communication, and having to kiss ass to get information out of them.

I generally give the "bad" guys more than one chance to see whether their initial fail was human error or not.

Some just couldn't care less whether you spend your money elsewhere.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    So, went to VLT arms the other day and I was really disappointed. I walked in on week day afternoon, there were maybe 4 of us in there at the time so it really wasn't busy. Not only were the staff completely uninterested, but rude as well. After reluctantly helping me out, I asked for a quote and handed over both my email address and my number. No quote, no email, no reply to my email even after following up with them. Really not impressed at all.

I hope I caught them on a bad day and this isn't the norm, just wanted to share my experiences with the community. Went to Savuti today and they were nothing but polite, be it a little disinterested, but I get that. It was day and night when compared with VLT.
    Call them and ask specifically for Divan. I have had very good service from him every time I ask or enquire.

User

I would say (and usually do with poor service)speak to the owner and take it up with him. If it where my shop, I would want to know if my staff gives poor service.

I had a very bad experience with a well known gun shop in CT and I took it up with the owner and even he gave me the impression that he doesn't really care about the poor service therefor I will never support them and I do warn my fellow shooting buddies about them.

User

Quote Originally Posted by 45acpglock View Post
    Must say I have received only good service from them and I get a 10% discount on anything I buy. ( I started to buy from them I think is was in the mid 1980's)
    VLT was founded an run as a family business. Linda van Lierde, the blonde lady, was the owner. Her husband Jo managed the business. I worked for them on a part-time basis as a student. They did empasize good service and customer care. They also only emplyed staff after determining their gun knowledge levels. Staff were encouraged to EDC. Most of the staff from those days are still friends today.

Then, about 2-3 years ago, they sold the shop to Delta Distribution. AFAIK, Delta is owned by the same shareholders as AOS (wholesale only). You can expect similar service.

Jo and Linda have retired to their smallholding near Auckland NZ.

User

Glad to hear it's not the norm. My apologies, I wasn't meaning to bash them at all, I simply wanted to see if this was the general experience of if (as I had hoped) it had been an isolated incident. We all have off days, don't see why I shouldn't give them a second chance.

Thanks for the replies, all.

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    Delta is owned by the same shareholders as AOS (wholesale only).
    Never dealt with VLT.

African Outdoor I take it. Then it explains a ton to me. As these are the people that dont even put their contact number on site. I know they do wholesale. But surely a person must be able to speak to them if you have issues or need info on their products they supply to trade. Also the people that ruined the Walther PPQ.

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

Poor service can be found in any gunshop, (In Pta, been to then all.) My opinion is that it is not the shop/owner etc. The problem lies with staff that think they are "really clever" and "clients are stupid." And some of them always have derogatory remarks about your question or request. And that you get in all types of shops, not only gunshops. Think about some car sales people... "Oh no, you must buy the auto CRDI X super with speed control etc". So, why are you not driving it my friend?

See, some sales people think they are better than the rest of the community and I don't have the English version, but it is called a "Stink houding". (Stinking attitude?) And that attitude makes them to provide poor service.

With regards to VLT: I have spent a lot of time and money there over the years. In the past and present on some days service is fine, on other days, uhm well....

The only gunshop in Pta where this "attitude" was never experienced by myself is NSN.

Banned

Thanks never been to NSN I will give them a try. (NSN I want a G21 , shotgun and AK47 make sure the 350(a) is in order)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast