Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SAPS vacancies: Police Trainees

Good day all.
    SAPS recruiting new police members in Gauteng (probably all provinces). Closing date 2018/06/15. Age: between 18 and 30. Senior certificate. SA citizen. Application forms available at Gauteng Police Stations. I dont know if other provinces are recruiting.

Requirement: Drivers licence.
    No criminal record.
    No visible tatoos.

Default Re: SAPS vacancies: Police Trainees

Those are optional requirements. Seeing how so many of the top guys have all of those.

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    Those are optional requirements. Seeing how so many of the top guys have all of those.
    Helpful as ever I see

User

Good after noon.
    I applied on the 14/06/2018. I have all the requirements except the Drivers Licence. I have had several Code 10 and Code 1 Learners, but I have only ridden a motorcycle for the last ten years, ironically I also only have a a motorcycle learners.

I have two questions, if anyone will be able to answer that would be great.
    While I think I have a fair shot of making it considering I have three fire arms licences and am physically fit. What does any think my chances are?
    If I complete my training, are there any motorcycle units for SAPS within Gauteng? I have seen the Traffic Police bikes but there specific SAPS Bike units?

Quote Originally Posted by Boot View Post
    Good after noon.
    I applied on the 14/06/2018. I have all the requirements except the Drivers Licence. I have had several Code 10 and Code 1 Learners, but I have only ridden a motorcycle for the last ten years, ironically I also only have a a motorcycle learners.

I have two questions, if anyone will be able to answer that would be great.
    While I think I have a fair shot of making it considering I have three fire arms licences and am physically fit. What does any think my chances are?
    If I complete my training, are there any motorcycle units for SAPS within Gauteng? I have seen the Traffic Police bikes but there specific SAPS Bike units?
    In my experience with this sort of recruiting meeting the minimum requirements is pass/fail.

In other words, if you don't your application does not get considered.

They are requirements and not guidelines or nice to haves.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

you have to pass the psychometric evaluation to be considered as a candidate furthermore.

User

Quote Originally Posted by SSP View Post
    In my experience with this sort of recruiting meeting the minimum requirements is pass/fail.
    In other words, if you don't your application does not get considered.
    They are requirements and not guidelines or nice to haves.
    It says they will be taking people without a Driver Licence, 10% of the applicants I think.

Quote Originally Posted by McD2304 View Post
    you have to pass the psychometric evaluation to be considered as a candidate furthermore.
    I don`t think that will be much of a problem, I have had psychometric evaluations before as part of my current employment aswell as lie detector tests.

Does any one know of SAPS Motorcycle Units, though?

Cant say ive ever seen a SAPS motorcycle unit in CPT area. I know some stations have motorcycles or like Phillippi area where I at one point seen on a quad. But thats not how they always patrol.

Why have you never gone from learners to full License though?

Banned

If you want to do foot patrolling for your whole police career don't get a drivers license

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast