Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: URGENT NEWSFLASH - Constitutional Court is about to hand down judgment on Section

Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    Is this an legal opinion or fact?
    Both.

Default Re: URGENT NEWSFLASH - Constitutional Court is about to hand down judgment on Section

Different lawyers have different views on the subject. I am of the same view as SkaapHaas.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit: occidentis telum est.

Seneca (4 BC - 65 AD)

User

Quote Originally Posted by PCfanatic View Post
    Both.
    On what do you base that?
    It can only be a fact if endorsed by the court or the police.

I am supportive of the opinion, but as far as I know it is just a legal opinion.

Yeah. Nobody believes legal opinion anymore. And I cannot blame them one bit.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

I havent read all the responses. If you miss your renewal you have to hand in your weapon and if you keep it you will be in possession of an illegal FA and declared unfit to own a FA. Is this correct.

If this is correct and you have 5 FA and missed the date for 1 FA and declared unfit then you will forfeit also the other 4 FA?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    Unless something changes in the meantime, he’s is currently in lawful possession of those firearms based on his green licences.
    Thanks

User

Quote Originally Posted by Adoons View Post
    My opinion: Relax. A lot of sour comments regarding this issue (not on Gunsite alone) is from "guilty" persons. When applying for a license and receiving it you already knew there was an expiry date to it and also provisions for re-licensing, of which by the way I have never heard of being refused. Then, when the problems started because people ignored the rules and "words and phrases" were used between the citizens and SAPS everything turned sour and court cases started. SAPS have not prosecuted any late renewal applicants to date. There will most probably be a window of opportunity with a cut off date for the late renewals. I think it is too soon to now make assumptions about SAPS actions that might follow. Wait and see.

And please!!!! If everybody stayed within the law, that you were aware of when receiving the license in the first place, this would not be an issue and now even the law and time abiding citizens might suffer because of this if CFR now suddenly has new rules etc to administer.

If there was a few people here and there applying late for renewals with reasons, I am sure SAPS would have handled it. But it very quickly became clear that there are a lot of gun owners with a "screw you" attitude regarding renewals.

Jip, and now a lot of guys will shout to me "Screw You Adoons." - That is fine. Nobody fights as furious as a guilty party....
    I am in full compliance however this ruling is retarded, rather make people pay a penalty.
    I do not understand the logic of making thousands of people criminals in one swift retarded ruling

User

Whilst reading this thread now, a renewal reminder sms just came through.

User

Quote Originally Posted by thegeneral View Post
    I am in full compliance however this ruling is retarded, rather make people pay a penalty.
    I do not understand the logic of making thousands of people criminals in one swift retarded ruling
    It’s very logical. The purpose of the act is to control firearms, not make it easy for people to keep them.

User

I heard now on the news that there are more than 250 000 licences that expired. That is more than I expected.

Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast