Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: URGENT NEWSFLASH - Constitutional Court is about to hand down judgment on Section

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteCottonFluff View Post
    Now the SAPS can have their precious amnesty.
    Whats worse, I feel, is that this now shifts the balance of power firmly to the SAPS. They will feel that they do not have to tread lightly so much anymore.

They have the CC in their corner.

User

Default Re: Martin Hood release on ruling

Wow this is real bad news!

User

Default Re: URGENT NEWSFLASH - Constitutional Court is about to hand down judgment on Section

This was a complete disaster, cannot understand how this happened, did the advocates arguing not do their jobs correctly?
    How could the court rule against the firearm owners?
    So now if you have an expired license you are now in illegal possession and have to wait for an amnesty or you can be arrested.
    What a disaster

User

Quote Originally Posted by Messor View Post
    Does it not simply mean that if you did not apply in time you are in illegal possession of said firearm?
    I would believe so, yes. Terrible how you can become a criminal of what's considered a serious crime if you're just a day late to do something.

User

So, according to the CC, the state can take your property and give you nothing for it and it does not amount to arbitrary deprivation of property. Do we need to club in and buy them a dictionary.
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Murphy View Post
    So, according to the CC, the state can take your property and give you nothing for it and it does not amount to arbitrary deprivation of property. Do we need to club in and buy them a dictionary.
    This is absolute ridiculous, so next is the land issue, the state can take anything away without paying for i t

User

Well I can't help but be super negative about this...just another step in completely outlawing firearms in South Africa....

It seems like an eventual inevitability at this point.

User

Next step property will be taken because the concourt dont think compensating people for taking their property away is anything that should be allowed

User

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcam View Post
    & so what does it mean?
    Sorry my understanding is minimal...
    From FCA 2000:

Termination of firearm licence
    (1) A licence issued in terms of this Chapter terminates

(a)
    upon the expiry of the relevant period contemplated in section 27, unless
    renewed in terms of section 24;

Unless there is something else that I missed, and I am no lawyer, this would mean you are now in possession of a firearm\s with no valid license and as such would need to start the application from scratch. Said firearm would need to be stored somewhere unless you apply for a storage permit?

Sadly this puts a lot of people, nearly immediately as per SA law in illegal possession of firearms?

Again, I am no lawyer, so take this with a monstrously large handful of salt

User

Damn, this is not good. Will this now mean that they are going to declare an amnesty period?

And then this type of news comes after a police station has been robbed...

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast