Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: GunSite SA statement on the Concourt ruling 7/6/2018

Can Admin or Martin Hood please confirm whether the green licenses as still valid as per the previous High Court judgment in which the application was heard? I cannot seem to find that judgment and nor did the Constitutional Court make any mention of the green licenses.

Yes they are. See also this thread:

http://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/show...icence-expired
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit: occidentis telum est.

Seneca (4 BC - 65 AD)

Quote Originally Posted by Slivvtheshiv View Post
    @ Dick - "At the time of public comment before the FCA was enacted only a miserable 2000 out of three or four million firearm owners bothered to send written submission. We reap what we sow." I wasn't a firearm owner then. I will be, hopefully, soon. From a legal perspective the Act IS a mess. It is badly written just like the NCA and CPA and Companies Act are badly written. It does need tidying up just like those other Acts do. And so what if people did not give input then...they can give input now and lobby parliament for sensible amendments.
    Without trying to be insulting: Many members here have done there best to make presentations to parliament over the years. Despite this, we find ourselves where we are.

Do not be naive: there is intent behind the legislation. Next step from their side will be to throw us a bone to appear reasonable.

If parliament is so sensible, why is everything such a mess?
    Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2