Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    User

Default Re: Dangerous Game hunt course in the Kruger National Park ( Buffalo or Elphant

Awesome thread this. Makes me want to get a bigger calibre and attend something of this nature even though I doubt I'll hunt DG.. So much more than just the actual shooting bit.

User

Default Re: Dangerous Game hunt course in the Kruger National Park ( Buffalo or Elphant

Members thank you very much for the positive replies. Members, I just got an email from Piet Nel indicating that the Kruger National Park wants their name to be delete from this thread `s heading/name...So I will send a request to the moderators on our forum to substitute the Kruger National Park name with the Southern African Wildlife College were great thins happen

User

Quote Originally Posted by Antlion View Post
    Awesome thread this. Makes me want to get a bigger calibre and attend something of this nature even though I doubt I'll hunt DG.. So much more than just the actual shooting bit.
    No need to buy a dangerous game hunting rifle if you know someone who wants to do the course with you..two hunters can share a rifle even three hunters , since all the time every participant needs to complete the different sections of the shooting exercise before you can move on to the next one...

User

Another video of an approach of a an elephant bull, just to see it flea after it caught our scent..

User

Members, since we did not actually shot an elephant during this course, here is a video of a hunter who shot an elephant according to me is a text book example of what Piet Nel and Gawie Lindeque taught us to do when ever we will have an opportunity to hunt an elephant..
    This PH did a great job of guiding his client on an extremely near approach ..notice how the PH wait for the elephant to approach him and his client..it gives the client hunter more than enough time to take aim at a large target just a few meters in front of him..if he had missed the brain there would have been more than enough time to do a side brain shot or a heart -lung shot or a spinal shot or a hip bone shot...
    https://www.africahunting.com/media/...safaris.69773/

User

Something of interest:
    When visiting Hansie Minnaar to sort out my black powder rifle loads , Hansie pointed an interesting issue out, he fit an over long/large bolt handle to his .458 African caliber hunting rifle, it ensures he can cycle his bolt at very fast speeds..here are a few photos of this bolt handle, compared to my .375 H&H Magnum bolt handle..this is something I am going to duplicate on my 404 Jeffery rifle...I did cycle Hansie`s rifle and was surprised as how fast I was able to cycle this bolt..much, much faster than how I cycle my 404 Jeffery bolt...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4