User

Default 2018 Monate Hunting farm : Family hunt /father and son

Members, I have been extremely fortunate to participate in a Family hunt at Monate where we hunted last year. Here is a write -up about this year`s hunt.

This year we were invited as a family, it included my wife, my daughter Alice visiting from Sweden

and Ruan my son.

The first day, the Monday we arrived at 12h00 to be early enough to go to the shooting range .
    Eric , the farm manager had another trick up his sleeve for us to test our skill to shoot from difficult position through dense vegetation...

Eric, farm manager ...he put us through our paces...last year we needed to run hundred meter and back , shoot as fast as possible at the target..we noticed a huge variation in the shot placement...

This year Eric test us by making us shooting through dense vegetation with a lot of bushes and branches between the shooter and the target..since the veld is extremely dense and over grown...it really was difficult to do a good shot placement on the target

The species we were to hunt :
    Kudu cows, Impala ram/ewe, Warthog...this year the Blue Wildebees were not part of the quotas...
    This year was not an exception regarding walk and stalk as well as covering great distances walking to cover as much ground as possible to enhance our chances to hunt ...
    The first day Ruan and me only hunted the last part of the day.. we stay at home to give Dewald a chance to hunt first since he will be leaving for his home earlier the week...

Dewald manage to shoot a warthog and an impala ewe on the first day`s first morning session.

Raun and me went out on the late afternoon session...we walked twelve kilometers and I managed to shoot a nice Impala ram..using my 404 Jeffery..

User

Default Re: 2018 Monate Hunting farm : Family hunt /father and son

The second day;
    Ruan and me decided we would like to hunt both sessions, the morning and late afternoon sessions..
    We decided to do the mountain range looking for kudu cows...we walked twenty two kilometers through the mountain range only seeing grey Rhee-buck , impala , zebra and some warthog .

Photos of the mountain area:

The morning session gave us noting but a nice environment to look at and appreciate...this took us to brunch...

After a brunch we did relax some , ready our selves for the afternoon session:
    Afternoon session:
    Ruan open his account by shooting a large warthog, tusks measure thirteen inches.. using the 8x57 JS with a 200 gn Sako Hammerhead ammo..the shot was center through the heart and lungs.. this pig ran about twenty yards and died on it`s feet...

I hunted the following day and shot a impala ewe..it was on the small side but still it was something the bush gave up for a hunter ..that is a privilege indeed..
    We really had a great time to hunt as a family ..it is something not done very much these days since it is expensive to pay day fees for a family...here are some photos of the hunt :

User

Default Re: 2018 Monate Hunting farm : Family hunt /father and son

Thanks for sharing, some beautiful pictures!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk