Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    User

Quote Originally Posted by High Power View Post
    In the English language there is a quite clear difference between selling and trading. Why do some of you say that they are the same? Yes, a trader sells, but on an ongoing basis and usually to many buyers. Selling your car or house, or some spare ammo to an individual who has the necessary licence to posses is not trading.

Peter
    Do you really think that arguing a point of vocabulary will you anywhere with CFR? YOU might be able to argue it in court, but why risk arrest, jail time and cost?

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Default Re: LEGALITY OF PRIVATE SALES OF PRIMED BRASS

If it is purchased under the condition that it is for personal end use , then you give away/sell/swap/whatever , you have now changed the conditions under which you had initially legally purchased it.
    live out your imagination , not your history.

Quote Originally Posted by KK20 View Post
    If it is purchased under the condition that it is for personal end use , then you give away/sell/swap/whatever , you have now changed the conditions under which you had initially legally purchased it.
    So you, and those who support your view, will never undertake the private sale of a firearm?

Peter

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

I think that there is provision for one to dispose of a firearm by selling.
    live out your imagination , not your history.

User

There is a separate provision for how to sell a firearm privately without being a dealer.

There is not one for ammunition

Quote Originally Posted by Proudprado View Post
    It's quite simple. South African law works on the principle that it is interpreted in the least restrictive way. Please don't put restrictions on things were there do not need to be restrictions on. Yes, you may not trade. It does not say that you have to destroy ammunition you have left when you sell a gun.
    I was interested in which part of the FCA you took that from?
    "Guns are just tools, the way they're used reflects the society they're apart of, if you don't like guns, blame it on society" ~Chris Kyle

User

It's not in the FCA. Why do you want everything written down? That is the whole point of the interpretation of statutes. In the old South Africa we wrote down every single law we could think of. To be honest, that is not the ideal place to be.

Nothing as entertaining as watching a bunch of sea lawyers debating among themselves...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit: occidentis telum est.

Seneca (4 BC - 65 AD)

User

Glad to be of service, o wise one. We would all bow to your obviously superior knowledge.

User

Quote Originally Posted by FrankH View Post
    31 Prohibition of unlicensed trading in firearms, muzzle loading firearms or ammunition
    (1) No person may trade in any firearm, muzzle loading firearm or ammunition without a dealer's licence

We all agree what the law says. We also now what SAPS says to one person to another differs like day and night. (please I'm not fighting with you guys but need clarification).

The confusion is always there with the word TRADE. What constitute trade. Does this include a once off deal of selling. For example, am I allowed to sell my FA to an individual. If the answer is yes am I now busy trading, prohibited by 31.(1) as above or selling my FA.

If the answer is still yes to sell my FA to an individual (which FCA section allows me to sell my FA), what is then the difference between selling once off my store bought FA to an individual and selling once off my store bought ammo. (not talking about making my own ammo and then selling that (manufacturing) or buying ammo for reselling purpose (trading).

Where do we draw the line?

PS. The Gunsite Forum prohibited the sale of ammo on this forum, so don’t advertise or do it on the forum!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3