Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    User

Default Re: Galil SAR model 360

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    Yes, it's welded, but it looks like a very well done weld, possibly a machine weld, not handheld. What I'm trying to say, is that it looks like it was done in the factory.
    I am thinking the cut might have been done to off-set the weight of the bigger horisontal handle? Or would it be to let the gun cycle faster?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Finkelstein View Post
    So on the left hand side of the receiver is written:
    IMI Galil SAR360
    5.56/223

Here is photos of the right side with the horisontal boltcarrier handle and recess in the bolt carrier.
    How much further does it stick out? It looks like it might be a bit "distracting" if you shoot left-handed. Thats one of my pains of shooting left-handed and both eyes open.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Finkelstein View Post
    I am thinking the cut might have been done to off-set the weight of the bigger horisontal handle? Or would it be to let the gun cycle faster?
    I don't think such a small difference in weight will make any noticeable difference. Galils (and derivatives) are all over-gassed.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Vaal View Post
    How much further does it stick out? It looks like it might be a bit "distracting" if you shoot left-handed. Thats one of my pains of shooting left-handed and both eyes open.
    Nearly 30mm. Being left eye dominant and shooting both eyes open from when I started, I never really see much apart from the front sight and the target.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3