Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default The passing of an old friend

An old, old friend of mine has passed on. I thought it appropriate to share with this with all of you here in honour of my friend. I first met my friend in '94, we immediately hit off with big bang. We spent just about most days together, never tiring of each others company, never arguing, sometimes spending a quiet day, sometimes making as much noise as possible. My good friend spoke out in anger a number of times in my defence. At least once my friend saved me. My friend of course, was my trusty CZ75 :police:.

After many years of excellent service, my CZ finally wore out to the point that it was no longer viable to repair and has been handed in to be destroyed. I have no idea how many rounds have now been fired by this gun, but I can say that it is somwhere in the six figure area. The final straw was when the extractor sheared. The gun was repairable but after due (and agonising) deliberation and comparing the CZ to a not worn out one I decided, as Ikor put it, to allow myself to be dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century. I swopped over to a Glock 19 as most of my students now arrive carrying Glocks.

I am interested to find out if anyone here has actually worn out a gun as well, what was it, what is your guestimate on the round count and what went wrong with the firearm as it wore out?

Now, if you listen closely, you will hear tupperware salesmen rushing forward to deliver patently plasticised comments about some guns not wearing out ......... just ignore them folks, they'll wear themselves out eventually......

Default Re: The passing of an old friend

If it is mechanical then there is 'wear and tear' and eventually all will follow the same route...some just quicker than others... grn1

Mike, I hear a knock at your door and it is another tupperware sales person....... hpy180

User

Sorry to hear about the old girl.

Hats off...heads bowed...moment of silence......................................... :(

OK now that THAT is over, we can start converting you to the joys of toting a poly framed pistol. In spite of the fact that you can't 'pistol whip' some clown with it, you gonna LOVE that Glock! ;D
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

Man these guys are heartless.........
    My deepest condolences for for loss. No amount of plastic will replace this friend.

Behind you, breaking out the KY... Or JHB

Hey Mike

Sorry to hear about your loss.

It can never be replaced, but you may find one that can try to fill it's holster and place in your life.

Good luck on that decision.

:)
    Prone to random kindness, lecherous behaviour, imitating D-cups at speed and an outstanding sense of humour. If you don't agree, well fuck you.

My condolences on the passing of your good friend.

Sadly these things do come to pass but now you have a new friend to make good acquaintances with, enjoy! happy0065

User

Are they going to let you keep the ashes?

Me and my new friend just had a small disagreement on the range.  Slide lock spring dislodged itself and failed to keep the slide lock down resulting in a slide lock after every shot.  On pulling it apart I found the tip of the spring bent ever so slightly inward :o.  Quick application of a leatherman and all is well again.

Shot a small competition with my colleagues here at the range and toasted their asses.  Looks like we may be off to a good start after the small hiccup. fighting0035

Hey Gizmo - naw, didn't even take a souveneer grip off her. Once she's gone she's gone........be a bit like visiting your mother-in-law after the divorce - just not nice.......

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast