Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Forgotten Weapons: South African Galils

Quote Originally Posted by carleng View Post
    Any info on that red dot? I can't find anything.
    I have not watched the whole vid, but assume you are referring to the Armson OEG sight?

The model made for the R/LM series had a clamp that you clamped around the gas tube with "ears" sticking down on both sides of the barrel to keep it upright if knocked.

The Armson OEG was locally made. In the US, it was distributed by Trijicon, hence the reference to it on their advertising.

User

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    I have not watched the whole vid, but assume you are referring to the Armson OEG sight?

The model made for the R/LM series had a clamp that you clamped around the gas tube with "ears" sticking down on both sides of the barrel to keep it upright if knocked.

The Armson OEG was locally made. In the US, it was distributed by Trijicon, hence the reference to it on their advertising.
    It was never mentioned by name, only called "a South African red dot". It does, however, look like it clamps onto the gas tube, so I'm sure it is the one you're referencing.

Something like that would be nice, as I don't want to have my receiver machined, or the dust cover modified for optics.

User

Quote Originally Posted by carleng View Post
    It was never mentioned by name, only called "a South African red dot". It does, however, look like it clamps onto the gas tube, so I'm sure it is the one you're referencing.

Something like that would be nice, as I don't want to have my receiver machined, or the dust cover modified for optics.
    They (Armson OEG) stopped being sold around 20 years ago. You will have to look for a used one. They were made with many different mounting systems for different guns. By now the tritium illuminator may have become a bit dull. Daylight operation should not be affected.

Also be sure you understand the operation principle. Unlike modern red dot sights, your aiming eye does not look through the OEG. The aiming eye sees the dot and the other eye sees the target. Precise aiming is not really possible, but it is really fast for snap shooting. Both eyes have to see the target before raising the weapon, so if shooting from cover you have to expose much more of your head.

User

The person interviewed is my manager. Pretty cool to work with people that love guns too.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

There was also a model of Armson OEG that was specifically made to fit on the BXP - it worked very well for its era. (Occluded Eye Gunsight)

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ashman View Post
    There was also a model of Armson OEG that was specifically made to fit on the BXP - it worked very well for its era. (Occluded Eye Gunsight)
    Actually messed around with a bxp yesterday that had that sight
    works pretty well

User

Denel NTW20 FW video up.......

User

I am busy watching the video as this notification came through, not even joking.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

User

All I could think was "that's the gun from Halo". Great video!
    Quote Originally Posted by ARM505 View Post
    Denel NTW20 FW video up.......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2