Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: TRG-41 Lapua

User

Default TRG-41 Lapua

Hi All

Wonder if someone can assist me I'm looking for the front end of a Sako TRG-41 stock (number 64 on attached image). My Uncles one fell and broke just behind the bed on which the barrel mounts (see attached Images). Tried to get one from gun shops but they recon it can take up to six months to get to SA from manufacturer in Finland. Hope some one can help me.

Regards
    Pieter
    Attached Images Attached Images

User

Default Re: TRG-41 Lapua

I would suggest to take it to a gunsmith so that they can perhaps repair it with epoxy and steel inserts.
    This way you can order a new stock from finland, but have a usable gun in the interim?

here is a link for a similar repair

User

Quote Originally Posted by Bigpiet View Post
    Hi All

Wonder if someone can assist me I'm looking for the front end of a Sako TRG-41 stock (number 64 on attached image). My Uncles one fell and broke just behind the bed on which the barrel mounts (see attached Images). Tried to get one from gun shops but they recon it can take up to six months to get to SA from manufacturer in Finland. Hope some one can help me.

Regards
    Pieter
    Is 3D printing it an option?

User

If the aluminium chassis section (no.70) is still intact, it should be easy to just join the 2 plastic parts with epoxy and hide the joint with the appropriate colouring. The rifle will be shootable until the new part arrives eventually. The new part will likely be the TRG42 forend that is shaped slightly different around the magwell.

You could get the part 3D printed oor even cut from a piece of laminated wood.

User

Thanks for all the responses, it is currently at someone to see if they can fix it for us, then we will decide about the way to go forward. Another option we considered was to have a new one machined from aluminium. But we will still decide between that, importing one or maybe have it 3D printed.

User

Six months? But why? All Sako parts are in stock back here in Riihimäki, Finland. I'd send an email to SA Sako importer sales@aosports.co.za and ask for help. Six months? In 2018?

Or call their customer service: 031-700-9405

User

Quote Originally Posted by AK-Gunner View Post
    Six months? But why? All Sako parts are in stock back here in Riihimäki, Finland. I'd send an email to SA Sako importer sales@aosports.co.za and ask for help. Six months? In 2018?

Or call their customer service: 031-700-9405
    That would be because you don't know African Outdoor Sports. They're not interested in helping anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Maroelas View Post
    That would be because you don't know African Outdoor Sports. They're not interested in helping anyone.
    Except themselves to our money
    There are no stupid questions ........ just stupid people

User

This is blasphemy! This is madness! Then I'd contact Sako directly and let them now about the problem, they are serious with their customer support: info@sako.fi and tell them about substandard service given by AOS, which part you need and your contact info.

Or I might call +358 108305200 and ask for Mr. Tammi at service department.

User

Quote Originally Posted by AK-Gunner View Post
    This is blasphemy! This is madness! Then I'd contact Sako directly and let them now about the problem, they are serious with their customer support: info@sako.fi and tell them about substandard service given by AOS, which part you need and your contact info.

Or I might call +358 108305200 and ask for Mr. Tammi at service department.
    Their shitty service is the main reason why I do not own any Sako products.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast