Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: TRG-41 Lapua

User

Default Re: TRG-41 Lapua

I just sent an email to Sako, Finland, did add link to this conversation. Let's see if there's any kind of reaction to this situation.

User

Thank you for jumping in here,AK-Gunner.As mentioned earlier in the thread,it is exactly also the reason why i do not have a Sako in my gun collection.Just too many friends of mine advising the same.With your help and a few e-mails from this side,the tide may however just turn.....

User

The Sako staff replied promptly to my email and this case has been given to the Sako Rifle Export division who are already looking into the problem. I find this kind of behaviour from the importer outrageous and something not filling the Sako worldwide standards.

User

Quote Originally Posted by AK-Gunner View Post
    Six months? But why? All Sako parts are in stock back here in Riihimäki, Finland. I'd send an email to SA Sako importer sales@aosports.co.za and ask for help. Six months? In 2018?

Or call their customer service: 031-700-9405
    Our local importer is the fly in the ointment. And SAKO tolerate it...

User

Now that the Sako HQ has finally been informed, lets see what happens with the situation...

User

Just for interest sake I've been waiting a week now just for a price on the part. The SA agents for Sako is really taking their sweet time. Got the prices and the parts ordered for my Remington in less time.

User

G'Day Fella's,

BigPiet, I'm not sure if this has already been suggestted, but I would go see a proper Gunsmith, and ask him to repair the forend.
    Find a Gunsmith that has Epoxy Bedding Material (Epoxy Resin/Glue), and get him to use the same stuff to glue the forend back together again.
    This job needs to be done by a person that knows their stuff, and will mask the forend up, before gluing and clamping it together.

Well, thats what I would do, just to keep the rifle shooting, until a replacement forend arrives ..............(if required).

Hope that helps

D'oh!
    Homer

User

Just out of interest: is the Sako customer service situation the same as before or did my intervention cause any improvement?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2