User

Default Responsible range safety

I had a close call the past weekend on a range in Secunda.
    The first thing that everyone might think....AD..not at all?
    When practicing I woul take my children along with me to the range. My 4 year old son will wear his eye and ear protection, playing in the back of the range with his toys. I will always keep my eye on him because it is only the two of us and therefore I am aware of his actions.
    He surfaced with a 500ml coke bottle with a reddish colour?
    On closer inspection I noticed that it is writen "Roundup" on the side of the bottle...%$#&*@ asking me if it is cooldrink?
    Honestly , clubs and their managment should be aware of risks associated to exposure of members and their families. I raised it with the curator (living on the range) he was stunned and blamed one specific management member. I tried treid phoning the chair person...to no avail. I left a message yet I have not recieved any feedback.
    Everyone please be aware of other risks on ranged... not only shooting safety and personal security.

User

Default Re: Responsible range safety

You will get no argument from me, Roundup left around anywhere is a massive no, NO !

I am however curious, if its just you and your 4 year old, how do you manage to focus on your front sight, or scope reticule and still manage to keep a constant eye on your toddler?

The potential dangers of mixing a toddler and a shooting range makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up

User

Default Re: Responsible range safety

I'm also wondering the same, kids like to be all over the show