Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Default Re: betrayal of gun owners?

Quote Originally Posted by abhm View Post
    So we understand that the leaders of the PFTC and the ITA have gone to SAPS and told them that they, the PFTC, think that gun owners should be required to undergo retraining every five years to maintain their purchased possessions. .
    Makes good business sense.

If PFTC controls the training, 2 million gun owners must retrain every 5 years, that is 400,000 training courses per year.

Charge R1000 per head, and there's R400 million revenue per year.

Genius.

On the other hand - 400,000 per year is just over 1300 training courses every single working day of the year. Logistics. But we're talking about a system expects land redistribution, so this is a very minor issue.

Business control of politicians is a foolproof way of making money.

The politiicians are never held accountable for the laws they enact. It costs the the politicians nothing to enact those laws.

It is legal for politicians to enact laws.

It is legal for business to give money to politicians.

There is no investment required, no capital outlay, and a huge return when the business can profit from the law.

Great for business.

Who remembers Raymond Ackerman financing a study on the impact of plastic bags ?

Who remembers Raymond getting a law passed that says we must pay for plastic bags ?

The idea was [ as far as I can remember ] the cost of the bags would go towards recycling. Recycling never happened, if it did, please point out where the government is recycling plastic bags.

We pay over 50c per bag for something that actually costs a tiny fraction of one cent. Today, that is Pick and Pay's highest grossing profit item.

The politicians that put that law in place are long gone, the profits just keep rolling in.

Smart business-man.

User

Quote Originally Posted by McD2304 View Post
    name and shame.
    we need to boycott the institutions they work for ?
    Unfortunately, for a lot of range owners, they have MoUs with ITA, for example, to use ITA's training material in their [the range's] proficiency training regimens - thus, if they jump up and down about PFTC and ITA in particular, they might stand to lose use of the material and thus lose their ability to make revenue off proficiency training.

My advice to any range owners who have MoUs with ITA: find an alternative learning material supplier, and cut ties with ITA and thus their ability to make money off so many providers. Let them feel the hurt and they might listen.

Quote Originally Posted by 414gates View Post
    Makes good business sense.

If PFTC controls the training, 2 million gun owners must retrain every 5 years, that is 400,000 training courses per year.

Charge R1000 per head, and there's R400 million revenue per year.

Genius.

On the other hand - 400,000 per year is just over 1300 training courses every single working day of the year. Logistics. But we're talking about a system expects land redistribution, so this is a very minor issue.

Business control of politicians is a foolproof way of making money.

The politiicians are never held accountable for the laws they enact. It costs the the politicians nothing to enact those laws.

It is legal for politicians to enact laws.

It is legal for business to give money to politicians.

There is no investment required, no capital outlay, and a huge return when the business can profit from the law.

Great for business.

Who remembers Raymond Ackerman financing a study on the impact of plastic bags ?

Who remembers Raymond getting a law passed that says we must pay for plastic bags ?

The idea was [ as far as I can remember ] the cost of the bags would go towards recycling. Recycling never happened, if it did, please point out where the government is recycling plastic bags.

We pay over 50c per bag for something that actually costs a tiny fraction of one cent. Today, that is Pick and Pay's highest grossing profit item.

The politicians that put that law in place are long gone, the profits just keep rolling in.

Smart business-man.
    Big business loves regulations, it squeezes out small competitors who can't afford the costs of compliance.

Every time a CEO of some big corp says he supports a government regulation, you can bet its because it just shafted his competitors.

User

Quote Originally Posted by JhbBoy View Post
    Unfortunately, for a lot of range owners, they have MoUs with ITA, for example, to use ITA's training material in their [the range's] proficiency training regimens - thus, if they jump up and down about PFTC and ITA in particular, they might stand to lose use of the material and thus lose their ability to make revenue off proficiency training.

My advice to any range owners who have MoUs with ITA: find an alternative learning material supplier, and cut ties with ITA and thus their ability to make money off so many providers. Let them feel the hurt and they might listen.
    this is what i mean to a degree.
    find out who drove this, i assume they will be affiliated with to a range/shop/training facility.
    make sure we the community don't support those individuals.
    targeted boycott.

@JhbBoy: My question is who is the alternative? as far as I have seen it seems ITA is the only major way. unless someone can direct me to other options.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6