Default Winchester 1300 R4 Folding Stock

Hi Guys, I picked up my shotgun last week it has an R4 folding stock with pistol grip, is there any reason this would be better than a normal stock? The main purpose of the gun is for home defence.

Can anyone point me in the direction as to where I can buy an original wooden stock preferably in Cape Town?

Thank you!

User

Default Re: Winchester 1300 R4 Folding Stock

Other than compact storage there only downsides for me. I'd be surprised if there aren't some unloved winnie stocks amongst GSers that have upgraded to Magpul or other aftermarket.

Thank you, hopefully, someone has!

User

While the stock looks a lot like the R4 item, a close comparison will show you it is very similar, but not the same. For example, the distance between the 2 horizontal round "bars" is different. This type of stock was manufactured by Hire Arms in Joburg.

While it is a well built stock, I really dislike this type of stock on a shotgun. A normal stock shoots much better for me.

Yes, do look for a normal stock.

The only folding stock on a shotgun that I have used and was comfortable with, is the ATI version with adjustable LOP. That may be another option.

Thank you A-R, I’m not a fan of it and would prefer a wooden stock.

Perhaps someone else on the forum would be keen to have it once I find a wooden one.