Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    User

I usually carry AIWB, stiff belt is a must as mentioned before somewhere, Ive done 2 hikes of 60-72km over 4 days and it works best
    I've wondered whether a holster could be made to fit inside the hip pads/securely strapped onto the hip padstrap that bigger packs have so It sits between the hip pad and your abdomen basically? Upright and pointing down

Default Re: EDC while hiking

Quote Originally Posted by pdh View Post
    Bellyband with gcode holster tucked in
    Second this.

User

I carry AIWB daily and tried different positions for different situations/clothes. In the end I found AIWB best for all (except jogging on the verry odd occasion where I use bellyband because it "elestics" tightly around body and keeps all snugg & secure).

Fitted 2xC-Clips to each of my AIWB holsters (Chameleon V2 for without light, and Daniels for with WML) where the clips slides over pants. With belt it secures "C's", but even with PT shorts or tracksuit pants, tightening the drawstring a bit holds holsters in place nicely with the open/protruding "C's" barely noticable even with tightish T-shirt.

Problem I have with bellyband extended carry (eg hiking) it that it gets itchy and sweaty, and somehow the weight on hip (where I position with bellyband) feels unbalanced and is more tiring than carrying front just-off-centre (not gospel but my perception & experience).

User

Essentially echoing GORBY

I carried strong side for 5y. Hiked (really just day hikes) and hunted with my pistol in that position. Even with a day pack, the draw would've been awkward, and with a rifle over my right should there was always an uncomfortable clash of guns. I believe with a larger multi-day backpack it would bear down uncomfortably on the gun, and drawing would essentially be impossible.

AIWB solves all of those. No discomfort of rifle (or backpack) vying for space with the pistol, and drawing the pistol is no different than normal (again, this may not be quite true for larger backpacks, but still way better than strong side). With a proper belt, I've had no discomfort spending full days and may kms on foot in the veld. When hunting I do substitute my normal double stack EDC for a Shield, which does help when shooting prone. But on day hikes I just carry my normal gun.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4