Default FBI- More people like by fists than rifles & shotguns

https://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...mpression=true

Crime statistics from the Bureau of Federal Investigation (FBI) show that more people were killed with fists and feet than with rifles and shotguns combined in 2017.

According to the Uniform Crime Report, 692 persons were killed with “personal weapons” like “fists, feet” while 667 were killed with rifles and shotguns combined.
    Moreover, because the 667 killed with rifles and shotguns were killed with every kind of rifle and every kind of shotgun combined, only a fraction of those deaths would have been from what the left describes as “assault rifles.” This means the number of people killed with “personal weapons” like “fists, feet” far exceeds the number killed with “assault rifles.”
    On September 26, Breitbart News reportedthat the FBI crime stats for 2017 also show that more people were killed with hammers and clubs than with rifles of every kind. Moreover, Breitbart News also reported that the stats show nearly four times as many people were stabbed to death than were killed with rifles of every kind in 2017.
    AWR Hawkins is an award-winning Second Amendment columnist for Breitbart News, the host of the Breitbart podcast Bullets with AWR Hawkins, and the writer/curator of Down Range with AWR Hawkins, a weekly newsletter focused on all things Second Amendment, also for Breitbart News. He is the political analyst for Armed American Radio. Follow him on Twitter: @AWRHawkins. Reach him directly at awrhawkins@breitbart.com. Sign up to get Down Range at breitbart.com/downrange.
    "Guns are just tools, the way they're used reflects the society they're apart of, if you don't like guns, blame it on society" ~Chris Kyle

Default Re: FBI- More people like by fists than rifles & shotguns

Another rather inconvenient and embarrassing fact for the anti brigade .
    One too many wasted sunsets and one too many for the road .........

User

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Leigh View Post
    Another rather inconvenient and embarrassing fact for the anti brigade .
    Interesting Andrew, most often these stats plays to any choir, because it contains figures, not facts.

I would argue it points out that guns are not the problem, which they aren't, and that people are violent and I need a firearm to protect myself from them.

And anti's would just point out that these violent people does not need better weapons with which they can commit crime, seeing as how dangerous and aggressive they already are, hence removing firearms from society is better for everybody.

I would not be surprised if I was able to convince any neutral crowd of people to believe either of those statements. The devil is not in the details, never was, the devil is in its interpretation, for a specific purpose.

The Devil is in the emotional response.

the anti-gun crowd plays brilliantly on emotion and tautology. And it helps they have the press in their pocket