Default Anyone with experience purchasing a firearm from theglockshop.co.za?

Hi All,

Does anyone have experience regarding purchasing a firearm from theglockshop.co.za?

Do they hold the firearm during the licencing process or do they ship to one of my local dealers?

Thanks.

Default Re: Anyone with experience purchasing a firearm from theglockshop.co.za?

https://theglockshop.co.za/contact/ says that it's SSO's online offering so perhaps just phone Southern Sky Operations?

As to your other question, most dealers are usually willing to ship to another dealer once purchased. There will be an additional RAM fee involved for that, but you'd be paying that even if they held onto it until you got the card. Assuming you're not nearby SSO to begin with.
    There are no stupid questions ........ just stupid people

User

Default Re: Anyone with experience purchasing a firearm from theglockshop.co.za?

Yeah, its SSO - contact Eric or Martin - http://www.skyops.co.za/

As above post. Make sure you take into account the RAM shipping once approved. As it can easily be +R800. Which might make it more expensive then just buying it from your local dealer.

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    As above post. Make sure you take into account the RAM shipping once approved. As it can easily be +R800. Which might make it more expensive then just buying it from your local dealer.
    I have purchased a Glock pistol from them although I have picked it up from the Springfield branch. It is also advertised on there website that Ram door to door is free if paid via EFT

Thanks all for the replies!

I see they dropped the price of the G19 Gen4 MOS with threaded barrel from R20k to R15k! :)

Just a quick update:

I ordered the Glock and had it shipped to my local dealer. The overall experience was great, good communication, helpful and friendly service. I would definitely recommend them.