Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Security f@ck up

8 times in 14 days sounds like a targeted harassment campaign. If that's the case, I don't think it's going to stop until they get what they want, or are forcibly stopped and caught. Try get outside expert manpower.

User

Roboguards for early warning, placed at potential ingress points. They won't know you have been alerted to their arrival. The rest is up to you. I have seen this system used for exactly this type scenario a number of times. It works!!

User

I hope every incident has been reported to SAPS and you have ref numbers for each occurrence. Like some of the previous guys have said...like a targeted harassment campaign and looking to get yo off you own land or you have something the really want. Take the necessary precautions and wishing you the best of luck SouthPaw!!

Strongs Bud

User

Default Security f@ck up

Quote Originally Posted by Davidc View Post
    Chat to Craig Gadd at Tactical QM. Get some Bang Alerts that fire a Hilti Blank when the trip wire is activated and also look at some motion or remote activated pepper spray devices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes. Have a chat with Craig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Perhaps you can put up some security cameras (both hidden and visible)? That way you can get indisputable evidence of the incidents, and possibly even identify some of the guys involved. Although it might not be a preventative measure, it could definitely assist you in the police cases and investigations.

User

Have you tried to get the SAPS involved, or are they not interested? Perhaps speak to a station commander or someone higher up?

About a year back I purchased the Bang Alert. Very Loud. But unless you walk fast into the trip wire your going to feel it easy if walking slow.
    As it takes a little tension to trip it.

Just a question. Do you have any dogs on the property?

Farmers I know in Philippi Cpt area where they have also huge issues with people coming onto their property.
    Have minimum 5 dogs and up. Various breeds. And in various locations around house.
    Strangely the biggest and smallest are literally at house.

User

If you tell us where you are, we may be able to give you some useful contacts.

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    About a year back I purchased the Bang Alert. Very Loud. But unless you walk fast into the trip wire your going to feel it easy if walking slow.
    As it takes a little tension to trip it.
    I’ve walked into my bang alert’s wire by accident. By the time you feel the tension it’s way too late to stop your movement, you’ve already committed to the step and you’d fall on your face if you try to bring your foot back.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

Good luck dude, this must be horrible.
    Im no expert but early warning systems like roboguard or tripbang will help you notify you something is happening.

I like the idea of cameras as well, for identification purpose. Trail hunting cameras that only you and yourself setup, so that no one else knows about them.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast