Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Vervet Monkeys

Default Vervet Monkeys

I would pay to watch this

Default Vervet Monkeys

Quote Originally Posted by Springer View Post
    This reminds me of the Vervets at the Vic Falls Hotel. They would harass the guests sitting at their tables on the lower deck. Same story with the kettie, most of the staff had them tucked away.
    You are my vintage .

I remember those waiters very well. Saw one or two mange to whack them with a tray as well while they were raiding the fruit table.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Re: Vervet Monkeys

Quote Originally Posted by alfiebadseed View Post
    You are my vintage .

I remember those waiters very well. Saw one or two mange to whack them with a tray as well while they were raiding the fruit table.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Great Hotel - great memories. Had some great holidays there. Was shot up quite badly in the noisy years - clearly they missed all the blou-aapies.

User

Quote Originally Posted by FrancoisOK View Post
    If some gentleman endeavour to attend in skirts, I'm out...
    Unless they're Scottish

User

Necro post.

No legal documents secured that state anything about shooting these critters being legal?

I feel that the people that want to 'get rid of', 'cull' or otherwise shoot the monkeys really are only doing it for the sport of it. They say they are getting rid of the problem but really aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Caliph View Post
    I feel that the people that want to 'get rid of', 'cull' or otherwise shoot the monkeys really are only doing it for the sport of it. They say they are getting rid of the problem but really aren't.
    Have you personally had incidents with them - either attacked, house raided or pets injured? If not, perhaps you do not know the situation and the reality.

They are a nuisance, and menace and a pest. By all means, get the authorities to take care of them, failing that, we have to do it ourselves, and no, its not a sport, it's something that is necessary.

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

User

I messaged my DCO (Dostrict conservation officer) this evening and she confirm they are not protected, no permit is required to control them, only land owners permission.

Most people I believe get into trouble for discharging a firearm in a built up area.

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

Quote Originally Posted by Caliph View Post
    Well they are getting rid of a portion of the problem, the other half of the problem feeds the monkeys and encourages them back into urban areas. They are a bit harder to eradicate

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

Quote Originally Posted by Trayton View Post
    I messaged my DCO (Dostrict conservation officer) this evening and she confirm they are not protected, no permit is required to control them, only land owners permission.

Most people I believe get into trouble for discharging a firearm in a built up area.
    I know the Problem Animal Control Association had managed to get permission to shoot in residential areas for PAC work before.

On a different note a suppressed 22LR with subsonic ammo sounds like a pellet gun
    Don’t take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast