Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Vervet Monkeys

User

Default Re: Vervet Monkeys

yup my female staff got hold of one of the troops legs by jumping up the tree

long story short she let go and ran inside on command, my male was with me (22kg of muscle) and the bull came for us
    managed to get my boy back indoors

the only thing that made that bull run was when i unholstered my 9mm,

I find a stick is needed in hand to make any sort of impact at home on a bull. Haven't tried a katy but will do so.

I've seen the bite marks a bull made on a full grown ridgeback and they were hectic!

User

yeah my buddy had two of his boerbuls bady hurt

bull monkey lost an arm and eventually died

i had a mop and threw stuff at the bull, i couldnt get back to the house faster than he was gonna bite me

unholstered as i was walking backwards, soon as he saw the firearm all was well in jumanji

listen the worse are the ones at Vidal i have seen a troop inside a carvan and have woken up to them droping
    cans of food and bottels of spice onto cars from the trees after a morning raid

User

Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    listen the worse are the ones at Vidal i have seen a troop inside a carvan and have woken up to them droping
    cans of food and bottels of spice onto cars from the trees after a morning raid
    haha the vidal monkeys are wild, at least the leopards are getting some! that samango monkey is the ugliest thing i have seen

I moered a vervet with my hat when it attempted to scare charge me. He decided to rather scarper.

I wouldn’t try it with the alpha male.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

A friend of mines mother got bitten on the calf 2 weeks ago, in her house down the Kzn south coast. Big loner male, she can't be more than 50 kg's either way.
    Will try to see if he took pictures of the wound.
    Those Vidal ones are very crafty, being well habituated to human interactions, they never miss an opportunity to grab something.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    In the Kruger they're such a nuisance, they took food from my mother's hands when we had breakfast at a stop. So bad that when I charged the apparent leader of the troop to chase her away from my mom and wife, with my jacket waving, this thing was so cocky she came at me. The only thing that worked was an obvious Kruger-regular - he pulled out a kettie and just lifted it and the troop scattered.

Happened to me as well, the Kruger vervets are arrogant as fukc.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Wells View Post
    At some of the game lodges where we work the vervets are ridiculous. The general view is that one musn't shoot the biggest /leader - that causes total .confusion
    in the pack and they go balistic. Supposedly take. out the younger ones and they will move on as their instint is to protect their younge type action the scramble.. A few lodges have whacked some. with caties and now, if you just make catie moves, they scramble..
    The other reason is if you shoot the main dood, it gives all the bachelors a gap with the chicks - small population explosion

User

I like vervets where they still are vervets. But when the EFF spirit kicks into them. They get crafty and hard to control.

Very few things deter them other than culling. .22LR and silencer.

Mate of mine in Durban was very gatvol. Arived home one afternoon and found the troop in the house, closed the doors and windows behind them and took the knobkierie and had at them like john wick. He said he did not mind the cleaning afterwards

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast