Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    User

Default Re: NHSA endorsement problem

Quote Originally Posted by JhbBoy View Post
    Please elaborate... There are limits unless one has Dedicated status.

Yes, but once you have DHS or DSS there are no limits on ammunition no matter the Section of your licenses.

User

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyR View Post
    It has become a de facto requirement with the CFR.
    Whilst we use the term 'endorsement' fairly loosely, we generally intend its usage to mean 'sworn statement or solemn declaration' and from a Natshoot perspective at least, it serves the same purpose.

(2) The Registrar may issue a licence in terms of this section to any natural person who is a dedicated hunter or dedicated sports person if the application is accompanied by a sworn statement or solemn declaration from the chairperson of an accredited hunting association or sports-shooting organisation, or someone delegated in writing by him or her, stating that the applicant is a registered member of that association.

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Yes, but once you have DHS or DSS there are no limits on ammunition no matter the Section of your licenses.
    Although this is 100% true. If your card says S16 Dealer just sells to you. And if on roadblock or so you just show card showing s16 with ammunition.

If its not on card. You will need to have dedicated certificate with you to proof this. Unless the dealer knows you. Otherwise the dealer will not know your dedicated status. Or the the police official at roadblock will not know. And you might possibly held until you can show the certificate.

Its just easier having the card show S16.

The only plus side that I see to S15 is that for whatever reason you fail too renew your DSS you can still keep your firearms.

User

Quote Originally Posted by JhbBoy View Post
    Whilst we use the term 'endorsement' fairly loosely, we generally intend its usage to mean 'sworn statement or solemn declaration' and from a Natshoot perspective at least, it serves the same purpose.

(2) The Registrar may issue a licence in terms of this section to any natural person who is a dedicated hunter or dedicated sports person if the application is accompanied by a sworn statement or solemn declaration from the chairperson of an accredited hunting association or sports-shooting organisation, or someone delegated in writing by him or her, stating that the applicant is a registered member of that association.
    There is a difference between a membership certificate, and an endorsement that a specific firearm is suitable for use with that association.

User

I phoned NHSA and Herman Els answered and according to him once you have Dedicated Status you may no longer licence any(more) firearms on S15 after you're dedicated, hence why they won't issue the endorsement for my S15 app as it would be illegal to do so. He couldn't give me a proper answer as to how then last year myself and others received an endorsement as well as had the licence on S15 approved while having DSS from NHSA. The reason for not going with S16 is that I wanted to fill up my S15 slots first where possible as well as my intention is to use it occasionally.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Bjorn881 View Post
    I phoned NHSA and Herman Els answered and according to him once you have Dedicated Status you may no longer licence any(more) firearms on S15 after you're dedicated, hence why they won't issue the endorsement for my S15 app as it would be illegal to do so. He couldn't give me a proper answer as to how then last year myself and others received an endorsement as well as had the licence on S15 approved while having DSS from NHSA. The reason for not going with S16 is that I wanted to fill up my S15 slots first where possible as well as my intention is to use it occasionally.
    My sec15 slots were all full. I sold one of them and applied for another to fill that very sec 15 slot and cfr approved it,this was last year Nov.No endorsements were required even tho I hold DSS with 2 associations,incl NHSA and already had a number of sec16 firearms.

User

Quote Originally Posted by curious george View Post
    My sec15 slots were all full. I sold one of them and applied for another to fill that very sec 15 slot and cfr approved it,this was last year Nov.No endorsements were required even tho I hold DSS with 2 associations,incl NHSA and already had a number of sec16 firearms.
    I know they aren't required but I'm of the opinion that it would strengthen the application, so it isn't the end of the world for a S15 app, I just wanted to highlight this inconsistency from NHSA.

I would honestly still stick with S16 only. As its so easy to maintain NHSA dedicated status. If you fail to maintain it. You had to shoot absolutely nothing in year. Or not reloaded anything. Or not attended even a activity or expo.
    I also am sure they allow you to for one year submit a reason for not maintaining status. Or this rule could apply to my CTSASA dedicated.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Bjorn881 View Post
    Pardon me if I come up as a bit harsh, but seriously, why the heck would you like to fill your S15 slots first if you already have DSS? Your reasoning of only using it "occasionally" is somewhat flawed in my opinion - what if you decide after a year that you want to use your firearm "dedicatedly" for 2 years? Are you going to move it to S16? And then in year 3 you decide again to use it "occasionally" again, what do you do then?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast