Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: NHSA endorsement problem

In my opinion you have "lost" your section 15 status when you gained your dedicated status and it cannot be used anymore. If you lose the DSS then you will have to reduce your firearm count to 4 and will fall back into Section 15 qualification. Section 15 cannot be used and then "topped up" with more than 4 firearms. You are now dedicated - end of story.

User

I have licenced 2 firearms under S15 AFTER gaining and licencing under dedicated hunter status so no, just because you have DH and/or DSS status doesn't mean you can't use your S15 slots.

Banned

I think you must take into account who provided a license in terms of S15 and did not put much thought into it. Thinking logically you must agree that you are no longer a casual shooter, but a dedicated sports shooter where you can licence an unlimited amount of firearms. Section 16 does not consist of 4 S15 licences plus S16 licences. They are now all S16 licences until your status lapses.

User

Quote Originally Posted by driepootx View Post
    I think you must take into account who provided a license in terms of S15 and did not put much thought into it. Thinking logically you must agree that you are no longer a casual shooter, but a dedicated sports shooter where you can licence an unlimited amount of firearms. Section 16 does not consist of 4 S15 licences plus S16 licences. They are now all S16 licences until your status lapses.
    So I must lie and tell them I need a .22 rifle for dedicated sports shooting when I really only want it for plinking now and then? Or I tell them I want, no need, my Glock for handgun hunting when in fact it is for shooting the odd target now and then?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Bowhunter View Post
    So I must lie and tell them I need a .22 rifle for dedicated sports shooting when I really only want it for plinking now and then? Or I tell them I want, no need, my Glock for handgun hunting when in fact it is for shooting the odd target now and then?
    This was my exact line of thought and reasoning!

User

So if for some reason you don’t maintain your DSS you have to sell all your S16 firearms even the ones you wanted for occasional sport shooting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Davidc View Post
    So if for some reason you don’t maintain your DSS you have to sell all your S16 firearms even the ones you wanted for occasional sport shooting

If you lose your status you can then retain only 4 firearms. What if it is then "your classification S16" firearm that you want to retain? I dont think the classification pertains to the firearm, but to you as person. Dont strengthen CFR in the stupid reasoning as to a firearm only usable for certain purposes. If you have to defend yourself you are not going to look for the fighting knife when you have a butcher's knife in your hand already. The same goes for the firearm in your hand - S13, S15 or S16 should kill an assailant equally well.

User

Default NHSA endorsement problem

Quote Originally Posted by driepootx View Post
    If you lose your status you can then retain only 4 firearms. What if it is then "your classification S16" firearm that you want to retain? I dont think the classification pertains to the firearm, but to you as person. Dont strengthen CFR in the stupid reasoning as to a firearm only usable for certain purposes. If you have to defend yourself you are not going to look for the fighting knife when you have a butcher's knife in your hand already. The same goes for the firearm in your hand - S13, S15 or S16 should kill an assailant equally well.
    Really trying very hard to understand what you are trying to say here. I want to license a FA for occasional hunting but my organization wants me to do a S16. Next year for whatever reason I decide to no continue with my DSS and I must hand in my S16 FA because I don’t have DSS anymore?

Also your assumption that you no longer qualify for S15 due to having DSS is somewhat flawed for the very same reason.

ps. I am talking hypothetical here and also someone who has maybe 3 or 4 FA’s

Retaining NHSA status is really incredibly easy.
    And in the current situation with CFR seeming to block us on every corner.
    The last thing I would contemplate is to cancel my membership with any club that provides me with DSS.
    If the other clubs gets to expensive or you have time constraints.
    Then still NHSA is the option. Membership per year is also alot lower then most other clubs.

My personal view. And everyone has their own views.
    But I currently have 13 firearms. All of them are S16.
    Even my EDC.

I know as mentioned your Dedicated certificate applies to all your firearms irrespective S13, S15 or S16.

But I dont like carrying my certificate with to dealers and on shooting days to prove Im dedicated.
    When if the card says S16 its all on there.

User

To add to shooty's sentiments, if you are not able to maintain your NHSA status within a year, then quite frankly you haven't even met the brief for shooting your firearm "occasionally".

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast