Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Get Home Bag/EDC Bag

Good day

This had to be discussed previously, but how many of you have one in the Car/EDC it ?

I made my first a few months ago with the notion that I'll only need the contents when SHTF. I have been proven wrong so many times !

It was one of the most valuable choices I could ever make.

I'll share the contents with you. These items may be/can be /was needed in situations where you would not expect them. I'm working on a proper BOB but this is this bag forms part of my EDC if you may call it that.

First off, I use a black backpack. It doesn't shout 'Prepper/soldier' and appears to be a normal rucksack. Although still appealing to thieves etc, I feel that the less inconspicuous I can be, the better.

Contents for my specific needs:

Small Flashlight.
    Ball pen
    Bic Lighter
    Multi tool
    Bicycle Spanner
    Knife
    Pack of cigarettes (I don't smoke)
    Power bank and cable.
    2 x 500 ml Bottled water
    Snacks
    Spare batteries ( AAA, AA, 9v & CR2032)
    Notepad
    Dry towel tissue
    Hand sanitiser
    Ski rope
    Duct tape
    Flat screwdriver/Philips screw driver.
    Compass
    Fire starter
    Poncho
    Buff
    Mechanix gloves
    Old Blackberry cell phone with sim and airtime.
    3 pairs of thick sterile gloves
    Comprehensive but portable IFAK
    Certified copies of Driver's licence, Medical aid card, I D, Birth certificate of my son and FA-licences of all my Handguns.

I have had to use many of these items before even though it's not it's primary function.

For example, the water. I thought that I'll use it somewhere in the desert after my plane crashed But in September while on vacation in Sodwana, the electricity went off due to heavy rains and thunderstorms. Surprise ! No electricity, no water !

Just a note, the bag is not too heavy and I'll still be able to walk comfortably with it if needed to.

I want to/need to add the following items:

Sunscreen
    Socks
    Handheld GPS such as E-Trex.

Regards

KZ

User

Default Re: Get Home Bag/EDC Bag

something we mostly say we are going to do, but don't

Biltong?
    Peanuts?
    Chocolates?

User

I keep one in the Car...Add Two spare mags and a box of 50rnd 9mm ammo to the list as well as some cash in small note denominations.

I haven't thought of adding cigarettes...and that will be on my to do list for today!!

Thanks for the replies Guys. I was hesitant to mention that I have ammo in this bag as it can be seen as negligent storing of ammo. But I won't scratch where there is no itch. I'm familiar with the FCA. Anyway, thanks for the tip wrt cash. I'll definitely add some.

Ciggies is to act as Barter or to help someone who does. This tip I read somewhere on this Forum and it made so much sense.

Quote Originally Posted by inanabhay View Post
    something we mostly say we are going to do, but don't

Biltong?
    Peanuts?
    Chocolates?
    I buy these small packs of Montagu P&R and Mixed dry fruit. Their BB-date is well better than others in my experience.

Biltong will have to be a no for me. The temptation will be too big and might cause excessive thirst. Chocolates may melt.

User

Agreed KZ...In the ideal world we wouldn't have a need for a FA for SD...Needles to say even additional Ammo. But the way things are going...some days getting home and to one loved ones is a challenge all on its own...So I say have it and not need it ...than need it and not have it...

Absolutely Hood !

User

Yeah no, leaving spare ammo in the car is illegal. No nods or winks about it. Don't do it.

As for a spare box of ammo, rather keep it in mags, you're unlikely to have time to load up empty mags if you're in a jam

User

Check Dave Canterbury;s 5 C,s on You Tube,
    Cordage
    Container
    Combustion.
    Cutting
    Cover
    I would swap out the Bic for a Clipper. Refillable.Visible fuel level(get the transparent one) Flint striker can be turned around to ignite fine tinder i.e. fluffed out cotton wool ball soaked in Vaseline.
    For a good read on the subject have a look at Cody Lundin;s "98;6 Keeping your ass alive." and ""When all hell breaks loose"

Thanks

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast