Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    User

Default Left Hand 416 Rigby

So I have been itching for a while for a dangerous game rifle.
    Being lefthanded limit my options- alas I can not afford a double rifle.
    What options is there in terms of actions for 416 Rigby fitting actions to build a rifle on?

Default Re: Left Hand 416 Rigby

Try Sabi Arms. They made a left handed 338 Sabi some years back on a Montana Action.

http://www.sabirifles.co.za/

User

A 375 in either Ruger or H&H is more likely to be available in left hand configuration.

If it has to be 416 Rigby (which is a great caliber choice) I suspect if any affordable factory offering does make a LH version, it will be CZ.

If you're getting into custom guns with Montana actions (or similar top end limited production actions) you're going to quickly approach double rifle territory $$$.

Maybe see if Kimber or Dakota rifles don't offer a LH big bore? Next trick will be to figure out how to get it to SA. Paying for it is arguably the easy part! :-)

User

I went down this road a little while ago, the only stock rifle I could find anywhere was a left handed 416 ruger.

Sabi rifles quoted me around 50grand for a left handed 458 Lott, so I would use that as a budget for having one built.

Good luck finding a left handed Rigby, more chance of finding Atlantis I think!

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

User

Also have a look at the Ruger No1. Being a falling block single shot it is very useable by a southpaw. Not as pricey as a custom bolt action or double, while still being blessed with classic styling.

With some practise, the No1 can be fired pretty fast.

User

So far the hunt for a left hand action fitting a 416 Rigby has been unsuccesfull.
    My gunsmith however have a left hand Sako 85 in 375H&H Magnum. I might have to rather go for 416 Remington Magnum seeing that it will fit the Sako Large action.

User

Just be aware that the Sako 85 action is not controlled feed. I have a Sako 85 30-06.

When shooting on the range and cycling the bolt slowly the bolt very often drops the empty case in the chamber. I have not had an issue while hunting, but then the bolt gets cycled vigorously for any potential follow up shot.

The action is extremely smooth

User

Quote Originally Posted by Finkelstein View Post
    So far the hunt for a left hand action fitting a 416 Rigby has been unsuccesfull.
    My gunsmith however have a left hand Sako 85 in 375H&H Magnum. I might have to rather go for 416 Remington Magnum seeing that it will fit the Sako Large action.
    Did you check with magnum arms? They had left handed actions big enough, Montana actions I think, and they manufacture their own actions as well

User

Quote Originally Posted by Roguemeister View Post
    Did you check with magnum arms? They had left handed actions big enough, Montana actions I think, and they manufacture their own actions as well

Thanks Roguemeister.
    I phoned them just now- 30K for a lefthand doublesquare Mauser type action.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Finkelstein View Post
    Thanks Roguemeister.
    I phoned them just now- 30K for a lefthand doublesquare Mauser type action.
    Yeah it's not a cheap option.

If you are looking at 416 Remington Mag then you might as well look at 416 Ruger, savuti arms had a left handed one a few months back, might still have it.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast