Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Left Hand 416 Rigby

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    What a lekker thing! All business.
    Yes- and I can put three in the magazine and chamber a fourth round. The guys that know say at most you have time to fire two shots if a lion storm.

User

Beauty! If you ever go mad and dont want it anymore!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome bit of hardware.
    Careful old vuilbard doesn't get hold of you.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Spliffcat View Post
    Awesome bit of hardware.
    Careful old vuilbard doesn't get hold of you.
    I read in FGASA manual for rifle handling that most dangerous animals move at 10 meters per second, but a lion moves at 22 meters per second.
    If memory serves me correct Dr Lucas Potgieter wrote in the Landbouweekblad in his Boersoek’nRoer that he once asked a old Namibian farmer “Where do you aim if a lion charge?”, the farmer answered him:” You aim for the centre of the yellowshitstorm coming your way! (“Jy mik vir die middel van die geelbolstront!”)
    Working in Anaesthesia I am fairly use to have to perform under pressure- but I hope I keep my nerves and motorneuronskill together and make the first shot count!

User

I saws a similar rifle at Kalahari a few weeks ago - SAKO l/h action with Truvelo barrel in .416 something. Built for a client who used it on one successful Buff hunt and then sold it. Was R45k or thereabouts if I remember correctly.
    Using the correct bullet is also crucial. No solids but a good (Woodleigh or such) soft is recommended.

User

Double post - sorry

User

Quote Originally Posted by Finkelstein View Post
    I read in FGASA manual for rifle handling that most dangerous animals move at 10 meters per second, but a lion moves at 22 meters per second.
    That's not far shy of 80kph! Mortal injury can come upon one very suddenly at that sort of speed. Even if kitty just ran you over it would leave a dent. I definitely don't have the intestinal fortitude to back myself against that.

Good looking rifle! Enjoy your hunt.

If memory serves me correct Dr Lucas Potgieter wrote in the Landbouweekblad in his Boersoek’nRoer that he once asked a old Namibian farmer “Where do you aim if a lion charge?”, the farmer answered him:” You aim for the centre of the yellowshitstorm coming your way! (“Jy mik vir die middel van die geelbolstront!”)
    I remember that quote but it was Peter Flack in Man/Magnum.

User

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    That's not far shy of 80kph! Mortal injury can come upon one very suddenly at that sort of speed. Even if kitty just ran you over it would leave a dent. I definitely don't have the intestinal fortitude to back myself against that.
    I remember a story/quote but can’t remember where it comes from…

Guest asks guide “how do you stop a lion charge?”

Guide: “you take a step to the left, take a step to the right, pick up some shit and throw it in the lions face”

Guest:”where do you get the shit from?”

Guide:”dont worry, when that lion charges, You take a step left so you don’t stand in your shit when you step back”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Wells View Post
    I saws a similar rifle at Kalahari a few weeks ago - SAKO l/h action with Truvelo barrel in .416 something. Built for a client who used it on one successful Buff hunt and then sold it. Was R45k or thereabouts if I remember correctly.
    Using the correct bullet is also crucial. No solids but a good (Woodleigh or such) soft is recommended.
    I am using Hornady DGX 400grain in front of 74.8grains of Vithavouri N140.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast