Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Baboons at bushpig feerder.

dup...There are a couple of reasons why the pigs are coming in early morning. Ideally,from a hunting perspective,you want them in before about 10pm and also on a regular basis.

Thanks for the message...if you want to PM me your number i will give you a call...can maybe help.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pre 64 View Post
    dup...There are a couple of reasons why the pigs are coming in early morning. Ideally,from a hunting perspective,you want them in before about 10pm and also on a regular basis.

Thanks for the message...if you want to PM me your number i will give you a call...can maybe help.
    I have never encountered pigs coming in this time of the day. Please share your experience?

Quote Originally Posted by Niekiepienaar View Post

Something like this!
    What voltage is the output Would it be enough for visiting family like m/ in law?

User

The foto of the pigs early morning is one of many throughout the night. First pigs were at feeder just after 8H30 in the evening. As thy are only on the feeding spot for 7 days now I believe they should start following a pattern at some stage. Will be patient for now to see witch time thy start coming in. Today I am going to be setting up a second feeding spot. Already have a cow carcass on spot.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

User

It is very dry in our area at the moment. I believe that is one of the reasons thy saying around feeder throughout the night. There might be more the 1 sonder coming in aswell.

User

Niekie...These early morning visits are normally associated with a new bait carcass or one which is irregularly maintained.If this bait is also in a marginal area and far from the pigs daytime nesting place,it will be visited by the pigs after they have foraged for the night and are on their way 'home'.It may also be in an area that sees a lot of farming activity during the day.
    Keeping the bait going and supplementing daily with something like guavas [or a mielie feeder]

User

will have them coming in earlier and on a regular basis

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pre 64 View Post
    will have them coming in earlier and on a regular basis
    Thank you sir. Very interesting. In our area I normally look for nearby water and a kloof with thick vegetation. I then drop the carcass close to this. Most of our pigs we shoot between 20h30 and 22h00. Once we had pigs come in early evening but never while the sun is up. Mysterious creatures.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by knipmes View Post
    What voltage is the output Would it be enough for visiting family like m/ in law?
    Make sure the ground is wet and she is barefoot. Please share the video!

User

Second feeding spot up and ready to go. Pigs has started on carcass already.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast