Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Banned

Default Re: Chinese S/S adjustable gas block, worth the cost of a movie and popcorn for one?

Quote Originally Posted by luke peter View Post
    ZAR 550.82 | Clamping Black Color 7'' 9'' 10'' 11'' 12'' 13.5'' 15'' 17'' Inch M-lok Handguard Rail Mount System AR15
    https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bMNEPmPq

It was this one... There are so many though - this one clamped on a steel nut and didn't have any timing issues with the barrel nut (really easy to install). The mlok slots are sharper than my wife's hands find comfortable, I can live with it but would look for ones with a chamfered edge or obvious tumbled finish before anodisation.

Aside from the slots I can't fault the handguard...
    Ya but if you're using a magpul AFG or Daniel defence front grip, your problem should be sorted

Banned

Default Re: Chinese S/S adjustable gas block, worth the cost of a movie and popcorn for one?

Small update.

I got to bring my AR home today, and in true me fashion proceeded to strip it of its gas block etc. And put my tacticool stuff on it.

Before and during and after pics below...

Chinese gas block fitted really well, pins went in as they should, alignment was spot on and no mods were required.

I also fitted the chinese mlok handguard that I bought (the fit was also great, barrel nut went on perfectly, mlok slots a little sharp)

It remains for me to tune the block for my reloads and check function, but I have a measure of confidence in the parts as manufactured, as mentioned above, the machining is first class, and the material is as it should be.

Updates after testing.

Luke
    It looks blerry nice

User

Now, HOW does it shoot?

Hope you didn't just position the gas block against the shoulder. That is not where it lines up with the gas hole and would likely leak gas and/or flame cut. Lining up the gas hole perfectly is the secret and most just think putting it against the shoulder will do it.

User

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSheerGuns View Post
    Hope you didn't just position the gas block against the shoulder. That is not where it lines up with the gas hole and would likely leak gas and/or flame cut. Lining up the gas hole perfectly is the secret and most just think putting it against the shoulder will do it.
    Fair point. I did just shoulder it... Will strip it again and get a dim to the port for alignment.

I appreciate the heads up

User

After investigating... The centres of the gas holes are only 0.12mm out when seated against the shoulder, and the gas block hole is significantly bigger than the gas port in the barrel. (this doesn't bode well for its adjustability W. R. T hot loads, I would need to throttle the gas block gas channel by more than 50% to start restricting gas to the action)

No real chance for interference at least. Will see if it works tomorrow.

User

(this doesn't bode well for its adjustability W. R. T hot loads, I would need to throttle the gas block gas channel by more than 50% to start restricting gas to the action
    I had to modify my own adjustment bolt to make my gas block work. Just remember to remove the thread on the part of the bolt which sticks out. (My idea is that if you don't do it the powder flame will damage the thread and then you will not be able to remove the adjustment bolt).

User

Gas block functioned flawlessly.

Brass ejecting at 4 o clock with my 2700fps reloads (55gr bullet) so there is likely some scope for further restriction with full power ammo.

First shots out the gun .

Had the first 4 rounds not go into battery properly, and were a mission to remove from chamber. 5th round fine, 6th stuck, then the next 84 were flawless, must have been something gunky in there that wore out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2