Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default GOSA GIRLS ON FIRE CAMAIGN 2019

Watch this space - we will be announcing our amazing programme for 2019 soon!

User

Default Re: GOSA GIRLS ON FIRE CAMAIGN 2019

Looks awesome!!!

I suggest that this poster's message will be lost on, or completely misread by, most South Africans. I also think that it is not a politically wise image to project.

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by High Power View Post
    I suggest that this poster's message will be lost on, or completely misread by, most South Africans. I also think that it is not a politically wise image to project.

Peter
    This is one of many posters, and the I am every woman campaign includes ladies that sports shoot AR 15s, others posters will have no guns, we are every woman

Argh Peter, no man, I don’t agree with you on this.

I think Girls on Fire is an awesome Initiative!!!

Quote Originally Posted by High Power View Post

Peter
    In what way?
    "Guns are just tools, the way they're used reflects the society they're apart of, if you don't like guns, blame it on society" ~Chris Kyle

Okay, let’s have this debate.

I like the GOSA Girls on Fire. Nothing wrong with ladies empowering themselves and standing up for their rights. There’s lots of women shooters and we need to see more of them. Get over your preconceived ideas and prejudices.

Has anyone ever said anything about the ‘ladies’ posing half naked on the ‘girls and guns’ thread? What does that say about how we see ‘girls with guns’?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

I also think that the poster is flawed and could be counter productive. I think we must assume that the general public and fence-sitters don’t understand, and that we should be hyper sensitive to the image we put forward. There are intracacies that are being overlooked. For me, the waters are being muddied in this poster.

The message that women are, and should be, allowed empowered to protect themselves shouldn’t be advertised with visuals of firearms that do not suit this narrative. I think the empowerment and self defence narrative should be portrayed in a toned down, minimalist fashion. Reallistically, really. We know how the media and and anti’s can perceive firearm owners as right wing, looney, cowboy extremists. I think the presence of the rifle in this picture, to someone who doesn’t know, could support this view.

Deal seperately with the sport and pursuit of happiness message. Make those posters all about athletes holding “bad-ass” equipment. For that message, get accomplished ladies out in their official competition and colours outfits, and push the message hard that they are athletes playing a game. An image of a lady in a bright IPSC shirt shooting an AR15 at non-humanoid targets comes to mind. Or a lady breaking clay’s.

When it comes to the right and need to bear arms, let’s just look normal.

My perception and ideas intended constructively.

We have and will continue to support GOSA and associated initiatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    I also think that the poster is flawed and could be counter productive. I think we must assume that the general public and fence-sitters don’t understand, and that we should be hyper sensitive to the image we put forward. There are intracacies that are being overlooked. For me, the waters are being muddied in this poster.

The message that women are, and should be, allowed empowered to protect themselves shouldn’t be advertised with visuals of firearms that do not suit this narrative. I think the empowerment and self defence narrative should be portrayed in a toned down, minimalist fashion. Reallistically, really. We know how the media and and anti’s can perceive firearm owners as right wing, looney, cowboy extremists. I think the presence of the rifle in this picture, to someone who doesn’t know, could support this view.

Deal seperately with the sport and pursuit of happiness message. Make those posters all about athletes holding “bad-ass” equipment. For that message, get accomplished ladies out in their official competition and colours outfits, and push the message hard that they are athletes playing a game. An image of a lady in a bright IPSC shirt shooting an AR15 at non-humanoid targets comes to mind. Or a lady breaking clay’s.

When it comes to the right and need to bear arms, let’s just look normal.

My perception and ideas intended constructively.

We have and will continue to support GOSA and associated initiatives.
    I Agree 100% !

Wesley, that’s well said.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast