Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    User

Default Re: GOSA GIRLS ON FIRE CAMAIGN 2019

I agree with the above said. My question is, wouldn't it be better to focus on selfdefence and sport shooting as two different campaigns? By trying to cover both senarios on the same poster, might be counter productive?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    I also think that the poster is flawed and could be counter productive. I think we must assume that the general public and fence-sitters don’t understand, and that we should be hyper sensitive to the image we put forward. There are intracacies that are being overlooked. For me, the waters are being muddied in this poster.

The message that women are, and should be, allowed empowered to protect themselves shouldn’t be advertised with visuals of firearms that do not suit this narrative. I think the empowerment and self defence narrative should be portrayed in a toned down, minimalist fashion. Reallistically, really. We know how the media and and anti’s can perceive firearm owners as right wing, looney, cowboy extremists. I think the presence of the rifle in this picture, to someone who doesn’t know, could support this view.

Deal seperately with the sport and pursuit of happiness message. Make those posters all about athletes holding “bad-ass” equipment. For that message, get accomplished ladies out in their official competition and colours outfits, and push the message hard that they are athletes playing a game. An image of a lady in a bright IPSC shirt shooting an AR15 at non-humanoid targets comes to mind. Or a lady breaking clay’s.

When it comes to the right and need to bear arms, let’s just look normal.

My perception and ideas intended constructively.

We have and will continue to support GOSA and associated initiatives.
    I used to think along these lines.

The trouble comes in that the concept is directly comparable to the whole firearm licensing system. It doesn't work, and the reason it doesn't work is not perception, it doesn't work because licensing is all bout restriction, directly infringing upon freedom. If you tone it down and regulate, sooner or later you lose everything, this is how all restrictive measures start in the world, and how all freedoms are lost over time.

So the fence sitters, the fence sitters in public is not the enemy, the enemy is the government itself, we know this and they are not afraid of saying it. You can try and target the fence sitters all you like, they don't, and won't ever vote in parliament. The only goal in life should be to remove all restrictions, and forget about perceived image portrayal. The only concept should be to let people be what they want, portray what they want, as long as they allow you the same.

In short, what you point out is what have already been done, and did not work.
    Let the Girls do what they want, portray what they want, that is freedom.

My 2 YEN, for what it's worth.

+1000 to Messor‘s post, this sums up every discussion regarding GOSA the last week in a nutshell. I’m tired of being punished for being honest, taxpaying and law abiding. So now is the time to be honest, taxpaying, law abiding and proud of the fact that we like guns, believe they are not the root of all evil and are not the cause of all problems in this world.

I couldn't have put it better myself Wesley.

Peter

User

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    I also think that the poster is flawed and could be counter productive. I think we must assume that the general public and fence-sitters don’t understand, and that we should be hyper sensitive to the image we put forward. There are intracacies that are being overlooked. For me, the waters are being muddied in this poster.

The message that women are, and should be, allowed empowered to protect themselves shouldn’t be advertised with visuals of firearms that do not suit this narrative. I think the empowerment and self defence narrative should be portrayed in a toned down, minimalist fashion. Reallistically, really. We know how the media and and anti’s can perceive firearm owners as right wing, looney, cowboy extremists. I think the presence of the rifle in this picture, to someone who doesn’t know, could support this view.

Deal seperately with the sport and pursuit of happiness message. Make those posters all about athletes holding “bad-ass” equipment. For that message, get accomplished ladies out in their official competition and colours outfits, and push the message hard that they are athletes playing a game. An image of a lady in a bright IPSC shirt shooting an AR15 at non-humanoid targets comes to mind. Or a lady breaking clay’s.

When it comes to the right and need to bear arms, let’s just look normal.

My perception and ideas intended constructively.

We have and will continue to support GOSA and associated initiatives.
    100% agree.

User

The gun shame in here is real!

The whole reason a campaign like this exists is to set aside the whole notion of 'guns are bad.... bigger guns are badder' .... if we don't show relatively tame pictures like this how in the world do we begin to normalize the public's view on guns?

Sent from my SpaceCraft using MindControl!

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

I'm sad to see how many girls commenting negatively on this thread are Fudds.

I had assumed they would be more liberated. My bad.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    I'm sad to see how many girls commenting negatively on this thread are Fudds.

I had assumed they would be more liberated. My bad.
    The continuous belittling of fellow gunowners really serves no purpose, except to divide. Let me add that this cuts both ways.

Paul, as chairman of GOSA,I would expect you to understand this.
    "Guns are just tools, the way they're used reflects the society they're apart of, if you don't like guns, blame it on society" ~Chris Kyle

Wesley

The media are the anti's and the anti's are the media.

No matter what you do they will try and spin it against firearms.

So, personally I understand your view but it is a bit outdated. Playing by their rules is going to make us lose.

So I support this campaign being loud and in your face.

The media hates strong women, so let's give them loads of them

User

Quote Originally Posted by FrankH View Post
    The continuous belittling of fellow gunowners really serves no purpose, except to divide. Let me add that this cuts both ways.

Paul, as chairman of GOSA,I would expect you to understand this.
    +1

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast