Default 12 Gauge match/ hunting slug mold slug mold with adjustable weight

12 Gauge match/ hunting slug mold slug mold with adjustable weight
    • one slug mold that can fill all your slug needs
    • change the weight of the slug by simply changes the core pin ,
    • default supplied with core pin 32 gram .
    • optional core pin 28,30,34 gram.
    • very accurate very fast.
    • use with plastic cup type wad

Have a closer look @ https://ultimate-marksman.myshopify.com/admin/products/1577741549631

small Competition-v.jpg
    match.png
    match 2.jpgmatch 2.jpg

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Default Re: 12 Gauge match/ hunting slug mold slug mold with adjustable weight

Very interesting
    live out your imagination , not your history.

The Slug mould producers amazing quality slugs, if you look at look at their performance you'll never know that thay were homemade.
    The real surprise comes when you're run them through the Chrono and have a look at how accurate they are at long distances and the velosity that achieve.
    The high-quality mould makes it simple and fast to produced a large amount of slugs in a short time with very little casting experience.

User

Your link in the OP doesn't take you to any page a visitor can visit, just FYI. It's the admin portal.

thank you !! all fixed up now

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate-marksman View Post
    12 Gauge match/ hunting slug mold slug mold with adjustable weight
    • one slug mold that can fill all your slug needs
    • change the weight of the slug by simply changes the core pin ,
    • default supplied with core pin 32 gram .
    • optional core pin 28,30,34 gram.
    • very accurate very fast.
    • use with plastic cup type wad

Have a closer look @ https://ultimate-marksman.myshopify.com/admin/products/1577741549631small Competition-v.jpgmatch.pngmatch 2.jpgmatch 2.jpg
    Hi,Do you still sell these?

User

I have two Lyman Foster Slug moulds, but did not trust shooting them in my full choke rifle. I therefore had made myself a sizer die system from other reloading parts. It now fits 100% inside any shot cup.

Attachment 30445

Left to Right:
    1) Lee Factory Crimp Die (body only)
    2) Lee Ram Prime – Ram
    3) Lee Ram Prime Body (shell holder housing cut off) and Ram milled thinner to accommodate hollow base of slug.
    4) Lyman 475gr Foster Slug in shot cup (Unsized)
    5) Lyman 475gr Foster Slug in shot cup (Sized)

PREPARING THE SIZERS:
    Take the crimper insert out of the Lee Factory Crimp Die 1). You can polish the inside of the die and make the opening at the bottom a bit tapered to accept the slug easier.

Now cut off the top of the Lee Ram Prime Body 3) where you normally insert the shell holder. Now you need to mill the inside of the Lee Ram Prime body 3) to be in the region of 0.663”. Then polish the inside of the die body. It should now not be larger than 0.666”. Make the bottom of the body of the Lee Ram Prime 3) also a little tapered as to allow it to take the slug easier.

Then mill down the top part of the Lee Ram Prime (Ram) 2) to be 0.420” thick. The length you need to mill down is +-0.912”.

SIZING YOUR SLUGS:
    Use your single stage press. Turn the Lee Factory Crimp Die (body) )1) as a starter for your sizing of the slug. Insert the Lee Ram Prime Ram (the milled down one in 3) in the Ram of the Press. Lube the slug with any good lubricant. The use the milled down primer ram in 3) to push the slug up in the die 1). Once the slug is inside the body Lee Factory Crimp Die 1), lower the Ram of the Press and then you knock the slug down the die with the Lee Ram Prime Ram 2) using a mallet . If the slug sticks to the primer ram 3), you need to mill the ram down a bit more.

After sizing the slug inside the Factory Crimp Die (body) 1), you turn the sizer 3) into the press – turn it in until it locks on the top of the press. You repeat the process of lubricating the slug and then sizing it, but this time you press it right through the sizer die 3). It should now fit perfectly inside the shot cup.

When loading the slugs I glue the slug to the bottom of the cup – it improves accuracy.

Banned

When loading the slugs I glue the slug to the bottom of the cup – it improves accuracy.

Interesting - well discovered, wonder if it works a bit like feathers on a arrow.