Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by zguy View Post

Good grief man, no one is saying anything negative
    Just saying a personal domain LOOKS more professional.

One thing about the gun community that gets my boobs sagging is people frothing at the mouth for nothing.
    Not saying that civil rights is nothing, before i get bombarded with more froth.

Saying that 'Gee, maybe they should get a nice domain for their email to look good', you get feedback like 'But theyz are good, yous knows nothing, mah gun rights, they dids these things'
    Saying “Gee, maybe they should get a nice domain for their email” is somewhat different from what he said initially, don’t you think?
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

Default Re: Clark Attorneys’ court case against SAPS

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceOfficer View Post
    Received this and thought it would be worthwhile to share.
    This is something I would donate to as well. You can be assured SAPS will take it all the way to the Constitutional Court if need be and won't blink an eye as to how much taxpayer funds will be wasted in the process. I wonder if Mr Gordhan has some insights into how much money is wasted by SAPS in frivolous litigation?

If the applicants win this it will help all of us! At least till the new amendment comes along and kick us in the nuts. But at least we are looking at getting some 'nut guards' in place before then. :)

User

Gun owners.... always quick to chirp and put down any movement.

Sent from my SpaceCraft using MindControl!

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Ja, sometimes I sits and thinks... other times I just sits...

The Firearms Community needs to support worthy causes, not try to score points off other members of the community.

When Clark Attorneys started working on legal matters on behalf of GOSA we used the address issueswithcfr@gmail.com

It worked then, in fact GOSA is still using that mail address for our legal issues. Why would it now be inappropriate?

GOSA has offered our support to Clark Attorneys in any way they deem appropriate.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

Great

User

Quote Originally Posted by zguy View Post

Good grief man, no one is saying anything negative
    Just saying a personal domain LOOKS more professional.

One thing about the gun community that gets my boobs sagging is people frothing at the mouth for nothing.
    Not saying that civil rights is nothing, before i get bombarded with more froth.

Saying that 'Gee, maybe they should get a nice domain for their email to look good', you get feedback like 'But theyz are good, yous knows nothing, mah gun rights, they dids these things'
    Sorry for the perceived over reaction,I perhaps unfairly saw these posts as somehow "ungrateful" and "entitled",I am sure it was not meant as such but perhaps having a little bit more insight/exposure presses even my buttons as an outsider. Hence the being over sensitive to "nothing" as I am seeing good people burning themselves out.

Let me clarify,something like a nice website(which by coincidence I believe should be up by next week) is just not a priority at this stage for any of these guys in the trenches,even if some of the criticism is valid.

It was prob more of a subject matter for "small talk", and not in this deadly serious thread.

There are a whole bunch of people, from the legal teams to the GOSA exco that are putting in a huge unrewarding effort into our gun rights,fighting a rearguard battle to buy us enough time.

I doubt most outsiders have any idea of the very real risks and sacrifices these guys and girls are making for us in terms of their personal lives,family commitments, careers,businesses, even their health, never mind their sanity,the constant scrutiny and harassment,etc.

Whilst they are all very vocal and very capable of defending themselves,someone has to have their backs.

The analogy someone used was one of where a scared cornered pack of dogs biting each other because of a perceived threat. We are becoming that as a community,I will personally try to focus on the enemy instead.

Ii would be huge gain for democracy and public accountability if they succeed in their court application,and good luck to the guys on this forum who were the unfortunate victims of this malicious injustice.

User

Ive deleted a whole lot of email address waffle, lets focus on the actual topic.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Ive deleted a whole lot of email address waffle, lets focus on the actual topic.
    Dankie.

+1

User

The compensation is claimed in terms of the provisions of Section 8(1)(c)(ii)(bb) of the Promotion of Administrative Justice Act (PAJA) from the relevant respondents personally (a piece of legislation that has strangely not been used a lot by lawyers up to date, despite the fact that the Act has been in operation for a considerable period of time). Once the principle is accepted by the court in the context of the suffering that the public had to endure over the years from the actions and omissions of the CFR and certain of its officers (the conclusion is now inescapable that this must have been by design), the door will be open for applicants to claim back their money from the relevant officers personally and from the SAPS by default, that they had to pay to lawyers to institute and prosecute appeals for them to the Firearms Appeals Board.
    Any idea why we did not exploit this section earlier on, no finger pointing intended, but surely the legal boffins in our community should have jumped onto this?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast