Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Default Re: Leather hunting sling/accurate shooting sling designed by Hansie Minnaar

Its not a Ching Sling - Ching Sling uses 3 swivels/studs, with the extra one going just forward of the floorplate.

I only know this because I read the Art of the Rifle about 6 weeks back... Jeff originally used what he named the CW sling after Carlos Widmann of Gautamala, who it sounds like copied an old British system - a loop from the front swivel to the floorplate swivel only.

Mr Ching, a student at Gunsite Academy, upgraded the CW sling by adding the extra bit to include stock swivel, to make it easier to carry.

Allegedly...

User

Default Re: Leather hunting sling/accurate shooting sling designed by Hansie Minnaar

Members, are there any users of this sling that will be so kind as to give feedback about this sling ....Any comments, suggestions, is this sling improving your shooting skills, handling rifle skills in the hunting environment?

Keep in mind we will still draw names of buyers to give a forged hunting knife to the winner of the draw...

User

Quote Originally Posted by Gert Odendaal View Post
    Members, are there any users of this sling that will be so kind as to give feedback about this sling ....Any comments, suggestions, is this sling improving your shooting skills, handling rifle skills in the hunting environment?

Keep in mind we will still draw names of buyers to give a forged hunting knife to the winner of the draw...
    Hi Gert,

With working abroad I haven't had any time to shoot out of hand with the sling as yet but I am happy to give some non-shooting feedback.

1. Dealing with you and Hansie was a pleasure.
    2. Payment and delivery went very smooth.
    3. Workmanship and material used on the sling is excellent.
    4. Three points of adjustment helps to get the sling just right for any shooter.
    5. There is an immediate improvement on out of hand stability but, I for one, will need a lot of practise to shoot accurately with it. That however can be said for any shooting position and platform.
    6. Loctite on the screws once you have finished setting up the sling is really important!
    7. This sling should last you for many years if you take care of the leather.

Cheers

KM911

User

Quote Originally Posted by KillMurphy911 View Post
    Hi Gert,

With working abroad I haven't had any time to shoot out of hand with the sling as yet but I am happy to give some non-shooting feedback.

1. Dealing with you and Hansie was a pleasure.
    2. Payment and delivery went very smooth.
    3. Workmanship and material used on the sling is excellent.
    4. Three points of adjustment helps to get the sling just right for any shooter.
    5. There is an immediate improvement on out of hand stability but, I for one, will need a lot of practise to shoot accurately with it. That however can be said for any shooting position and platform.
    6. Loctite on the screws once you have finished setting up the sling is really important!
    7. This sling should last you for many years if you take care of the leather.

Cheers

KM911
    KillMurphy , thank you very much..the feedback is much appreciated..I will shortly commence shooting with the sling since I am currently busy with other projects..yes, Hansie Minnaar really is an excellent craftsman....I too am of the opinion that this really is quality leather...and a good functional design..

User

I need to update this thread ... I made a promise to all members in regards to a knife I will forge for the member who bought a sling from Hansie Minnaar ..This will happen shortly ...

Thank you members again for supporting this venture, it really is great to see such participation from you as members..

I want to participate in this venture by donating a knife ,I will forge for a customer that will be selected from a number designated to a customer who bought a hunting/shooting belt. Every customer will get a number, Hansie will send the winning number through to me , the winner will receive a Forged , taper bearing blade, Rooibos wilg wood scales, and vine-filing on the blade ....it will be a hunting knife....of my own design..

User

Members, I really would like to know how you experience using this sling. Please upload a video of where you shoot your rifle with the sling and if you have used the sling on your rifle when you hunt and was able to shoot some game with it. The feedback and photos will be much appreciated members ..

Does he still make these slings and whar is the current price?

Quote Originally Posted by Alf View Post
    Does he still make these slings and whar is the current price?
    Yes he does. If I remember correctly it is around R600

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

User

This has been a very long time coming.

I haven't hunted with the sling since receiving it but have done a quite a bit of paper and gong ringing with it. The difference in stability between an unsupported offhand shot and one with the correctly adjusted sling is dramatic. I am a great deal more confident in taking offhand shots out to 150m or so than without it. I'm sure that with more practice and less coffee I will be able to improve on that.

They are of excellent quality and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend getting one.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7