Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Chinese ACOG (4x32) Clone (big pictures)

Quote Originally Posted by SSP View Post
    Indeed. In this business there is not such thing as: "just as good as".
    Agreed - this comes up a lot in discussions of Chinese manufacturing.

In this case, its not my intention to imply that the clone is "as good as", or even nearly so, just that it is likely to be "good enough" for my modest applications.

Mount it shoot it and see what happens.
    If you dont like it. Sell it off again.

You did not mention the price in review.

I bought a Tippmann TCR while back.
    Now and again me and daughter shoot some targets in backyard. I would not mind mounting one of these on it.

User

Price is in the last paragraph... Was R890

To me thats a low price to pay to test it out.
    If it fails its no huge loss.

User

Was this made for the use on a firearm, or Airsoft rifle ( hence it being so cheap)?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Kev123 View Post
    Was this made for the use on a firearm, or Airsoft rifle ( hence it being so cheap)?
    Advertised as a rifle-scope in the hunting gun section - specifically mentions .223 and .308 and many of the reviewers have used it on centrefire AR's and AK's.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hunt...4ea04c4dakYnne

I think if your not going to go all mad with it and bang it around it will possibly suit your need for it.

I understand the difference between it and the original at up to 10 times the price. But then again those are made for hard use and knocks. Stuff you might never do with it.

User

Quote Originally Posted by luke peter View Post
    Advertised as a rifle-scope in the hunting gun section - specifically mentions .223 and .308 and many of the reviewers have used it on centrefire AR's and AK's.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hunt...4ea04c4dakYnne
    It actually looks really good! Hope it works out for you :)

User

Interesting concept, this China made stuff.
    Everything is made in China, all the stuff we use every day, why, because they make it cheap.
    Most stuff is made to specific company standards, but still, the companies cannot make it that cheap themselves. So they let the Chinese make it, and because the Chinese makes it cheap they get to resell it for a much bigger profit than if they actually did the work themselves, real funny concept. Trump knows this and also the reason for his trade war, he is trying to get the usa to manufacture more stuff themselves, like they used to.

So all the stuff we perceive as quality, not associated with china, are made in china, the country we perceive as making cheap junk.

To the topic at hand, the ACOG surely cannot be seen as a complex device, the other optics we have out there is much more complex. I bet you that the current lenses the knockoff company use is not half (or even much more) the quality that Trijicon use, but in that regard I also bet you that if the Chinese wanted they could make it to the exact same standard of Trijicon but at less than half (or more) of the price.

So this cheap knock-off, either it will go faulty, and then people can say I told you so, or it will hold up, and that would be a bigger bummer, because it’s 20 times cheaper than the real product, time will tell.

User

Something like this I'd buy for a plinking AR, but I'd get like 2 or 3 of them for when they eventually break. Not a SD gun

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast