Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Advice on WML

User

Default Advice on WML

I'm looking at getting a WML for my EDC handgun, what WML is good value for money but without compromising on quality and reliability?

Lastly, is the Strobe function of WML a real plus in a self defense situation or a gimmick?

User

Default Re: Advice on WML

I'm a Surefire fan and have been since long before I had any business dealing with them. They make excellent lights, all my serious use lights are Surefire. Streamlight are also very good option. The Inforce brand is well supported here.

Strobe lights are for nightclubs not gunfights

User

What about the Olight WML offerings ?

User

I have a Olight PL mini Valkyrie fitted on my Glock 19. Works fine, very bright and works well. Recharging a breeze with the usb charger. Don’t think one needs more for EDC personally. Also way less expensive than the surefire xc1. Y

User

Thanks for the replies so far, I mostly carry my handgun OWB on the farm. I need a powerful WML for when I go to switch of pumps etc at night, I do carry a torch as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo 77 View Post
    I have a Olight PL mini Valkyrie fitted on my Glock 19. Works fine, very bright and works well. Recharging a breeze with the usb charger. Don’t think one needs more for EDC personally. Also way less expensive than the surefire xc1. Y
    How many rounds have you put through your gun with the light on?
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

I fitted a Nextorch on mine. Holding nut kept going loose while shooting. So wont recommend it.

I then bought a Viridian from Jizni. XTL is the model with more lumens and no green laser. Fits nealy under my P01. I never take it off.

And have fired +500 rounds with it on. And still going. After a shoot you just need to wipe lens clean. But that you will have to do with any light.

Only used these two brands so far. But have heard Surefire is pace setters in WML.

User

Quote Originally Posted by CK View Post
    I'm looking at getting a WML for my EDC handgun, what WML is good value for money but without compromising on quality and reliability?
    I have a SureFire X300 WML available., it's 2nd hand, and I'd have to scratch around for the box (not that you need the box for anything), but it works 100% and is a solid reliable platform. You can PM me for price, else it goes onto forum next week. I would never suggest using your wml as a primary lightsource unless it's a self defense situation when there's trouble around the pumps you need to turn off etc...

That being said, also consider that whatever light you purchase for your handgun, you'd have to change your OWB holster setup as the "one size fits all" doesn't really work.

User

Around 400 with no issues to date.

User

Quote Originally Posted by CK View Post

Lastly, is the Strobe function of WML a real plus in a self defense situation or a gimmick?
    Not sure what handgun you have.

I have a Glock WML on my G22. It is very nice and shines out quite a long way and fits the profile of the pistol nicely. Ambi on / off. No other functions to mess around with

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast