Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Can you possess magazines if you don't have a licence?

Hey guys.... please clarify. Can you possess a magazine for a rifle or pistol if you don't have a licence for the firearm?
    I read chapter 10, para 95 of the FCA and think I can. Just want some clarity cause I want to order some. Want to order from states. If there side is okay to send, do I need any form of import permit from our guys?

Default Re: Can you possess magazines if you don't have a licence?

Yes you can, you can even get reloading components if you want, brass and bullets, just not powder or primers (if you have no licences at all). You just can't have loaded amunition.

User

Yea, because it's much more dangerous to have ammo for a gun you don't have than it is to have ammo for a gun you do have... "Excellent piece of legislation" my arse.

one thing to remember in regards to getting mags from the u.s.a....if the total value is over $100u.s. then the u.s. exporter is SUPPOSED to get an export permit.

if you know someone in the u.s. or someone who is travelling there it might pay you to get them to post them to you and declare the value on the customs form to be below $100u.s ..better to be safe than sorry. i know from expirience that with some dealers there they will give you grief on the permits ...after they have charged your credit card....

User

What is it with that lame $100 limit. Everything worth buying is over $100 :(

i don`t know why it`s like it is, but that is what the state department rules are.

it is a government department after all, so logic doesn`t come into play at all.

User

Quote Originally Posted by blade user View Post
    one thing to remember in regards to getting mags from the u.s.a....if the total value is over $100u.s. then the u.s. exporter is SUPPOSED to get an export permit.

Which online stores that ship to SA are recommended please?

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigal View Post

Which online stores that ship to SA are recommended please?
    ... try www.brownells.com they have a page that will explain the export requirements from their point of view to you,it`s easy to understand which is a bonus.

another company that does export...some things is www.midway.com

also don`t forget good old www.caballas.com

if you don`t have any luck with them let me know and i`ll have a post some more that you might want to check out....but for some reason when i have subscribed to a thread i don`t get an email telling me when someone has posted something so i might take a while to answer.

User

Quote Originally Posted by blade user View Post
    ... try www.brownells.com they have a page that will explain the export requirements from their point of view to you,it`s easy to understand which is a bonus.

another company that does export...some things is www.midway.com

also don`t forget good old www.caballas.com

if you don`t have any luck with them let me know and i`ll have a post some more that you might want to check out....but for some reason when i have subscribed to a thread i don`t get an email telling me when someone has posted something so i might take a while to answer.
    Thanks for the info! I had tried Brownells but oddly enough they don't have any M&P mags...unless I completely missed them. I'll take a look at the rest. Thanks again.

no worries.

if you still don`t have any luck i can contact an ffl holder i know in alabama and see if she would be prepared to post some to you...she takes credit cards with a 3% charge on top...postage isn`t cheap from there, but thems the breaks when you want something.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast