Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Staff required

User

Default Re: Staff required

Quote Originally Posted by Gbyleveldt View Post
    I can EDC my CZ?
    And here I was worried that owning a Taurus Millennium might hinder my application.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Gbyleveldt View Post
    I can EDC my CZ?
    How has this thread not been closed yet?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Zuku View Post
    Hi T

You forgot the following info

Please do not apply if you oversleep regularly, have court dates and doctor appointments often, do not have a baby sitter every day, have to get rides to work later than 08.00 am, do not have taxi fare or petrol money, experience flat tyres or a flat battery every week, have to hold a cell phone every day or while you work, or will become an expert at your job without any training or advice after the first day. If you comply to this leave your name and contact no at 082 4K U2

Must be able to work and talk at the same time. Must remember to come back to work after lunch. Must remember to attend work the next working day. Should not expect to receive an award or a raise for being on time or doing your job. If you qualify please contact us at 082 JOB 4U.
    @zuku , may I borrow that first paragraph?!
    Need to include it our next intern/junior position perhaps. The two we took on this year...shall I say, if I had it only the application, would not have lasted past their third month.

Sent from my BlackBerry DTEK60 using Tapatalk Pro

User

Quote Originally Posted by swakop_toe View Post
    may I borrow that first paragraph?!
    This is a public forum. Use it as you like. I got it from someone and streamline the message so it make sense.

Would you like to open a branch in Ausistan?
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

In Aus, just rocking up for work would make you no.1 on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by nkosi View Post
    In Aus, just rocking up for work would make you no.1 on the list.
    Surely it’s not that bad?
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    Surely it’s not that bad?
    At the risk of hijacking the thread further...

I probably understated it. When we first arrived here 11 years ago and I was job searching, whenever I asked a prospective employer what the most important thing to them was other than being able to do the job in question they would reply that being reliable and showing up was more important than any skill, qualification etc. And this from many different employers.

Since then I have discovered for myself how difficult it is when managing small construction projects, to get people to actually arrive on site when they should, or even when they have said they would. When someone does arrive timeously, I am surprised as it is rare.
    Last edited by nkosi; 19-12-2018 at 16:29. Reason: Grammar

User

I probably understated it. When we first arrived here 11 years ago and I was job searching, whenever I asked a prospective employer what the most important thing to them was other than being able to do the job in question they would reply that being reliable and showing up was more important than any skill, qualification etc. And this from many different employers.

Since then I have discovered for myself how difficult it is when managing small construction projects, to get people to actually arrive on site when they should, or even when they have said they would. When someone does arrive timeously, I am surprised as it is rare.
    Wasn't the standing joke in Sydney at one point "how do you tell which offices belong to Saffers? The ones with the lights on after 4 PM"

Banned

Yoh! That sounds like some of the stories I've heard about workers in Cape town

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast