Default LADIES TOP SHOT EVENT - 26 JANUARY 2019

GOSA (Gun Owners SA) GOF (Girls On Fire) – LADIES TOP SHOT EVENT
    26 JANUARY 2019
    CECIL PAYNE SHOOTING RANGE – ROODEPOORT
    LIMITED SPACE – only 100 spaces open
    ENTRANCE FEE – R 150.00

PLEASE REGISTER on PRACTISCORE for the match:
    https://www.practiscore.com/girls-on-fire-top-shot…/register

Ladies, this is an opportunity of a life time.

Gun Owners South Africa (GOSA) and its Girls On Fire – I am Every Woman 2019 campaign will be presenting a Ladies Top Shot event to open 2019 with a bang! The event will take place @ Cecil Payne shooting Range in Roodepoort.

You can be a total novice shooter or a sport shooter to enter the event. We will have capable, mostly lady Safety Officers to assist you through easy and safe Courses of Fire. The Match Director for the event will also be a lady! This is all about empowering women and to expose them to different shooting disciplines. This is going to be a real fun day.

All guns and ammunition will be supplied. You will be able to participate in the following shooting disciplines:

- Sporting clays
    - Pin shooting
    - SADPA DMG
    - IPSC
    - SADPA/IDPA Handgun
    - Steel challenge 1 or two stages
    - Combat rifle
    - Truvelo 50 cal X 2 shots
    - Truvelo 308 X 4 shots

The event will be ended with a Gala Event @ Mosaic in Fairlands where medals and trophies will be awarded. (Please note unfortunately no alcohol allowed on premises)

There will be awesome Lucky draws at the event which includes some firearms.

We will also be announcing our meme and cameo winners.

Lynette Oxley for Girls On Fire
    For more information please contact us on GirlsOnFire@GunOwnersSA.org
    011 888 4037

User

Default Re: LADIES TOP SHOT EVENT - 26 JANUARY 2019

This was an epic event, bar the seeping male jealousy, myself included, it was incredibly well managed with only one major delay at stage 10. Many thanks for the opportunity for my partner to shoot a dozen firearms she has never even seen before and to be safely exposed to multiple different shooting disciplines.
    This morning she has paid and joined Sadpa, idpa and our local club.
    I was wondering if the scores would be available on practise score? As I would like to keep a record for her from the very start of her sports shooting times and scores.

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by DstUrges View Post
    This was an epic event, bar the seeping male jealousy, myself included, it was incredibly well managed with only one major delay at stage 10. Many thanks for the opportunity for my partner to shoot a dozen firearms she has never even seen before and to be safely exposed to multiple different shooting disciplines.
    This morning she has paid and joined Sadpa, idpa and our local club.
    I was wondering if the scores would be available on practise score? As I would like to keep a record for her from the very start of her sports shooting times and scores.
    The bottleneck at Range 10 was probably solely as a result of the number of selfies and posed photos everyone wanted with the 50 cals.

;-{)}

Give Lynette a chance to recover. She worked herself almost into a breakdown last week, then lost her cellphone at the gala event on Saturday evening. Today 9am she had training clients... she's back at the range working.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

Hi everyone. This was an amazing experience!!!!! Thank you so much for everybody for the guidance and opportunity to shoot all the firearms and disciplines. I am definitely going to join a shooting club as sport shooting is definitely my thing!!! I really would like to see the scores although I know that I am a total novice. Please may I have a kind of certificate / attendance letter for this event so I can use it as motivation for my next firearm.
    Once again thank you so much !!!!! You're the best!!!!
    See you next year!!!

User

My wife, daughter and our neighbor also enjoyed it immensely. Daughter is still beaming with joy / pride after winning gold in one of the novice categories and receiving a medal at the gala dinner. Not sure if she was the youngest to attend at 11yrs old. Paul?

User

A well raised young lady that, handled the rifles like a champ and was awesome to watch shoot
    Quote Originally Posted by pblaauw View Post
    My wife, daughter and our neighbor also enjoyed it immensely. Daughter is still beaming with joy / pride after winning gold in one of the novice categories and receiving a medal at the gala dinner. Not sure if she was the youngest to attend at 11yrs old. Paul?

User

Will do,
    and yes she deserves a break...
    As long as we know they coming we have no issues waiting.
    And fully agree on the selfies...
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    The bottleneck at Range 10 was probably solely as a result of the number of selfies and posed photos everyone wanted with the 50 cals.

;-{)}

Give Lynette a chance to recover. She worked herself almost into a breakdown last week, then lost her cellphone at the gala event on Saturday evening. Today 9am she had training clients... she's back at the range working.

User

Quote Originally Posted by DstUrges View Post
    A well raised young lady that, handled the rifles like a champ and was awesome to watch shoot
    Thank you for the kind words! She has cost me many .22 boxes of ammo

User

Many thanks scores out and received I now have an even happier lady in the house who can see her times and is beaming at her first ever results.

User

They have an article on page 9 of City Press (3 Feb) and a fair sized photo of one of the girls with the .50 Truvelo rifle on the front page. I don't buy newspapers as a rule, but it caught my eye yesterday when shopping, so I bought it.

The reporter got some technical details wrong and a reading the article one realises he had his own preconceived ideas...

But in the bigger scheme of things this paints guns and gun-owners in a positive light. And the theme of women being empowered shines bright... This is how we change perceptions and educate people. Well done Lynette and your team.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast