Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Father and son spearfishing /Rock&surf fishing trip to the Breederivier

Congrats. Always great fun
    A roaring Lion kills no game

User

Default Re: Father and son spearfishing /Rock&surf fishing trip to the Breederivier

Quote Originally Posted by Niekiepienaar View Post
    Congrats Gert. Great fish. Must have been a nice fight. I see you drive on the beach. Makes things a lot easier. Merry Christmas to you guys.
    Thank you kindly Niekie, yes, my Mazda BT-50 seems capable of driving in thick sand when the back tyre`s pressure is around 1.2 bar, although not a 4x4 vehicle it went over the dunes and through the thick fine dune sand easily. I did engage diff-lock when approaching difficult terrain but still it glides over the soft sand surfaces...it really makes fishing easier when working from the back of the bakkie. It really was nice to have a work out while fighting the bronzy ...a lot of technique is involved to get it out, not only muscle power, brains are involve as well..

User

Quote Originally Posted by MyLani View Post
    Congrats. Always great fun
    Thank you MyLani, yes , I believe the bronze whalers are frequent the Port Elizabeth waters as well?

User

Fishing with the Drone:
    Members, Thinus and Louis used a drone to drop our baits behind the surf line.Here are photos of fishing with a drone, as well as our drive along the dunes ...

Entering the reserve:

Ruan getting his tackle in order, he was assisted by Thinus and Louis and really learned a lot about Bronze whale fishing in one day ..Louis and Thinus are great anglers and their equipment is really top notch...I learned a lot as well, new techniques I will incorporate in my style of fishing...correct tackle and the use of this tackle when rock /surf fishing.

This is my tackle I used, not a heavy outfit but I would have been able to land the Bronzy .
    This is medium weight tackle for edible fish not really to fight heavy , strong bronze whalers..

Every one getting the rods/bait ready to start fishing and sending in the drone:

The drone:

Taking out the bait:

The drone returning:

Thinus ready to take out another bait, consisting of Mackrel heads a d fillet..

Louis is a great and talented angler, he assisted Ruan and me in showing us the best methods to cut our bait and cotton it ready to go to the surf..he and Thinus really were extremely helpful to share their great knowledge about rock /surf fishing with us...

Just landed the bronzyL

Releasing the Bronze whaler safely to the surf

Banned

Looks like you had great fun

User

Photos of where Raun got a Bronze whaler on his line, Thinus assisting a d guiding Ruan to get the bronzi to the beach. Unfortunately the kine was cut by a structure in the water and the Bronzi got away..still it gave Ruan an idea of how strong such a shark is,,,
    Ruan pulling the shark :

Banned

Looking at all the bamboo on the beach I wondered how many you guys will loose.

As n man gaan sit dan is jou rug seer.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Niekiepienaar View Post
    Looking at all the bamboo on the beach I wondered how many you guys will loose.

As n man gaan sit dan is jou rug seer.
    Niekie, the bamboo really made it difficult to fish..Ruan lost his Bronzie due to bamboo...here are a few photos of a leg of /hammel/sheep for Christmast dinner...the hammel weight 40kg carcass weight slaughtered...it was a huge sheep...

User

Lekker!!! Baie Bronzies gekap by Strandfontein...daai haai is flippin sterk, en sit een serious fight op!!

User

Quote Originally Posted by johanvb View Post
    Lekker!!! Baie Bronzies gekap by Strandfontein...daai haai is flippin sterk, en sit een serious fight op!!
    Johan, ek dink die Koper /Bronze haai kan beskou word as ons seewater sport vis van die eeu, `n nasionale vis , wat sorg vir baie binnelandse valuta as ek na die tipe hengel gerei kyk wat manne gebruik en die geld wat manne spandeer om `n sterk hengel gerei bymekaar te maak. Hoe lyk die weer vir more daar by strandfontein?? Ek wil vir Ruan vat on te gaan kyk vir kabeljou/Bronzies?? As jy weer uitgaan skakel my asb. ek wil saam gaan hengel. 0842062257

Yes, Johan the Bronze whaler is a great sporting fish to tangle with...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast