Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15
    User

Default Re: Getting started in Competition

I would like to take part in the 3 Gun Nation competition taking place at the end of October with TacShac. From what I have read, it seems anyone can take part even if they don't belong to any clubs or have any classification yet and this would be the first 3 gun I would be taking part in. With that said, the info sheet also states that it will be held on a Nationals level, so would this be a good opportunity to see what it's all about or should I wait for the next 3 gun competition?

There is another competition on the 22nd of September but I won't be available to take part in that one unfortunately

Otherwise, if it's not such a good idea I should try do an SO course before then and then just SO for the competition and see what it's all about. SO's always seems to be in short supply so I can add value in some other way as well

User

Quote Originally Posted by Virgildonatifan View Post
    I would like to take part in the 3 Gun Nation competition taking place at the end of October with TacShac. From what I have read, it seems anyone can take part even if they don't belong to any clubs or have any classification yet and this would be the first 3 gun I would be taking part in. With that said, the info sheet also states that it will be held on a Nationals level, so would this be a good opportunity to see what it's all about or should I wait for the next 3 gun competition?

There is another competition on the 22nd of September but I won't be available to take part in that one unfortunately

Otherwise, if it's not such a good idea I should try do an SO course before then and then just SO for the competition and see what it's all about. SO's always seems to be in short supply so I can add value in some other way as well
    The couple 3GN matches I've done, I butchered my Ipsc rigs and combined pistol holster, 2 mag pouches, 1 rifle mag pouch and 20rds of sg caddies. It is a very good idea to do the So course (I learnt most of the rules by being Ro) but why doubt in your ability to compete in the shoot? Do the shoot but do it safely and at YOUR comfortable speed, you can speed up when you feel more comfortable. Go and have fun and learn a lot. Enjoy

User

Default Re: Getting started in Competition

Cool! I just figured that since it is on Nationals level, it's more serious than the normal competitions..?

I will definitely practice a bit before the shoot so that I am not a complete noob but I will do it at my own comfortable pace, I wouldn't want to rush something and make a complete mess of things. Enjoying the shoot would be my main focus for sure and to learn as well.

By the way, where does one sign up for an SO course?

User

My second March albeit pistol was a national I shot slowly and comfortably walked the course instead of running and learned a 100 things I didn't know.
    Check with Lynette if there is a squad that won't mind a slower shooter and do it.
    I also took hold in my division so you never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Virgildonatifan View Post

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15