Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Getting started in Competition

Quote Originally Posted by Gbyleveldt View Post
    I almost, almost, won a hug from BigT. I can just thank all that is holy that I shot like shit that day.
    You truly missed out. T is the best hugger in the world. I ask for hugs from him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by ZK1 View Post
    Going to Eeufees today to spectate, lets see what this IPSC thing is all about. Hopefully soon I can compete and be at the bottom of the log. Hahahaha " Sir, are you shure you didn't load blanks?"
    I hope you enjoyed your visit to Eeufees, I am a member at HPSC there, awesome bunch of people, always willing to help and assist new shooters !

User

Yes thanks, had a walk about, looked at IPSC and some IDPA, for now IPSC looks where I will be. Also had a good chat with the cowboy guys at the bottom, nice bunch. I need to get a little sorted, with range mags and OWB holster etc. But not too far off. Its a lot more chilled than I thought.

User

Yes thanks, had a walk about, looked at IPSC and some IDPA, for now IPSC looks where I will be. Also had a good chat with the cowboy guys at the bottom, nice bunch. I need to get a little sorted, with range mags and OWB holster etc. But not too far off. Its a lot more chilled than I thought.
    Great choice. You’d generally find that the IPSC crowd takes themselves a lot less serious than IDPA ones. You’ll learn to move fast and shoot fast, accurately. Enjoy the journey of growth.

User

Good choice ! Feel free to pm me if you need any more details or help to get going.

User

Thanks guys! Dec and Jan is a very bad time for my small business, but have a new product that me and by business partner is going to hit hard this year, so I might get a sponsor.....me. Hahaha. But I will ask for advice soon, maybe just to meet at the range and do a "dry run" of one of the stages, I always like to know what the etiquette is when getting into something new.

User

Thanks guys! Dec and Jan is a very bad time for my small business, but have a new product that me and by business partner is going to hit hard this year, so I might get a sponsor.....me. Hahaha. But I will ask for advice soon, maybe just to meet at the range and do a "dry run" of one of the stages, I always like to know what the etiquette is when getting into something new.
    Really simple. Just say “I am new, please help”

Listen lots. Ask many questions.

Offer beers as reward for later

Many will offer help.

You will be amazed at how many will step up to help.

User

"I am new please help" while flagging everyone on the range. Haha. Only joking, picked up on or two things on Saturday, like when running towards the crowd, to index your fingers on your shoulder thus keeping the firearm pointed down range.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Gunman View Post
    What would you guys recommend for a newbie... IDPA or IPSC? Steel challenge?

Do I need to join one of these organisations in order to compete casually at my club (Kraaifontein)?

FWIW I'm waiting for my Browning HP license card, then I'll be using that firearm. I have 4 mags for it.
    I find the steel challenge less of a hassle, time wise, compared to shooting an IDPA match. You can be in and out in about 2 to 3 hours, depending on how busy it is on the day. Safety first so join a group of experienced shooters who know the ropes and make sure you stay safe.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by D-MO View Post
    I find the steel challenge less of a hassle, time wise, compared to shooting an IDPA match. You can be in and out in about 2 to 3 hours, depending on how busy it is on the day. Safety first so join a group of experienced shooters who know the ropes and make sure you stay safe.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    An actual match is a lot more fun.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast