Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: hunting for the first time... what to expect and how to prepare?

NICE - enjoy it Yusuf!!!!

User

And expect to feel lots of regret. Its a good thing. itll wear off after time, but if you dont feel regret and pity, perhaps you aught not to be hunting.

I have a hole in the pit of my stomach whenver a approach a downed animal. But Its what makes it very special for me.

Each to his own.

I once watched an american hunting video and every time a shot went home, there was yehaaing and hi fiveing. ( i thought the guys where gonna swop spit they were so all over each other).I switched it off after five minutes.

Doesnt mean it wrong, just not my style.

Quote Originally Posted by SA needs a Militia View Post

............ time a shot went home, there was yehaaing and hi fiveing. ( i thought the guys where gonna swop spit they were so all over each other).I switched it off after five minutes.

Doesnt mean it wrong, just not my style.
    You mean.....
    like....
    Soccer?
    :->
    Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

Not sure if you have been on the trip yet, but here is some more tips:

Make sure you and the farmer/manager is VERY clear on what is included in the prices and what not (items to ask for include trackers, skinners, fire wood, transport on the farm, cold room facilities, skinning of trophies, etc).

Make sure what is supplied on the farm and what not (bedding, crockery, cooking utensils, etc) so that you know what to take along.

Get a clear answer on exactly what you are not allowed to hunt ... just in case.

Make sure what the latest time of day is you are allowed to shoot an animal, especially if they do not have tracking dogs. You don't want to track your animal in the dark.

Be polite to the farm owner/manager and although you are a paying client, you are also his guest.

Remember to get your transport permit from the owner before you leave.

Plan and provide for transporting a carcass of the largest animal that you may shoot (as opposed to plan to shoot).

Make sure you know how you would be expected to pay (cash, eft, cheque, etc) and if it must be cash, make sure you take enough to cover all your expenses.

Don't asume anything ... pick up the phone and ask if you are not sure.

Enjoy the trip regardless of the outcome ...

All of the best with your trip.

User

Quote Originally Posted by camouflage762 View Post
    You mean.....
    like....
    Soccer?
    :->
    I went to the Brazil Chile Game at Ellis Park.

I have never been so bored before in my life. It was like when my school went to Sentrarand. I was close to tears.

No, as a rugby supporter Soccer is just too simplistic. ( everyone on the field does exactly the same thing).

Quote Originally Posted by SA needs a Militia View Post
    I went to the Brazil Chile Game at Ellis Park.

You dog...you never told me you went to a match...what type of buddie are you??

User

IMG00078-20100717-0921.jpgIMG00047-20100717-1234 00000.jpgIMG00041-20100717-1152.jpgIMG00040-20100717-0909.jpgIMG00040-20100717-1022 00000.jpg

this was how the weekend went... n one of my other friends shot an impala horns were 22.5'' but i dont have a pic of that... the blouwildebeest is mine :) quite proud of myself even if he is small... the shot on the white blesbuck i found quite impressive at +-350 meters he shot it in the heart... all in all was a great weekend n i think its a sport i can get into... thanx for all the help guys i

User

Welcome to the wonderfull sport of hunting. Looks like you had a great time !!!
    CONGRATS !!!

User

thats it, now the force will take over!! untill your next hunt!!

Well Done Yusuf_b.

Was this walk & stalk?
    Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast