Thread: Pin Shooting?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    User

Default Pin Shooting?

Is this sport still active in South Africa as I am unable to contact anybody from the sport. Seems the website is also a bit out-dated.

User

Default Re: Pin Shooting?

Quote Originally Posted by mic View Post
    Is this sport still active in South Africa as I am unable to contact anybody from the sport. Seems the website is also a bit out-dated.
    Hi Mic. Yes, Pin Shooting is indeed still very active. The national championships was held in Cape Town in 2018 and will be held in Polokwane in September this year. Your closest club is MTSC, which shoots at Cecil Payne Shooting Range in Roodepoort. There will be a pin club shoot at MTSC this Sunday, 27 January. We'll be shooting .22 pistol, 9mmP pistol, stock revolver, manual and semi-auto shotgun. You're welcome to come and have a look. PM me if you're interested.

User

I would urge you to go and meet Katlagter and the rest of the crew. Very friendly bunch and real enthusiasts. You will like it there.

Just a friendly warning: Pin Shooting is highly addictive! To keep the peace in your house, do take Sands along.

User

Sands is actually the one that's interested. She keeps nagging me for a CZ-97 specifically for pin shooting....

User

Sands is actually the one that's interested. She keeps nagging me for a CZ-97 specifically for pin shooting....
    I've answered your PM, looking forward to seeing you at the range.

User

Great choice! That girl has good taste in guns.

However, just go shoot with what you already have. Sands can have the '97 licensed in time for the Provincials.