Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Firearms at roadblock

Quote Originally Posted by foxtrot1 View Post
    Then with all due respect, he should be giving the guys on this forum better advice. I have found that being polite and cooperative is always the best method, even when the police official is being antagonistic.

If they do not follow procedure, IPID exists for a reason. Become arrogant, argumentative, tell them "I have nothing to declare" will only end badly for you - even of you are in the right.

I also doubt that the policemen these days are of the same calibre that police were when M43 served.

Just saying: " And you don't want passers-by to see you have guns in the boot. explain it politely."

I can just confirm that M43's advise is spot on.

I also served in SAPS.

I served for 15 years of which 10 in the rank of Captain.

If you are not busy with criminal activity or have unlicensed firearms/ ammunition or narcotic's ens. in your possession you have nothing to declare.

If then asked specifically if you have a firearm the response is yes a legal licensed one can I show you the license?

I then asked why you did not declare said licensed firearm you respond very politely by saying that you are under the impression that the question related to unlicensed and other unlawful articles/substance's of which you have none in your possession.

He never said be impolite he said that for you to safely clear your firearm they need to provide you with said facility.

Be sure that should you have an AD at said roadblock it might end bad for you in many ways the least is being charge for it you might end up being shot and die.

He never said be a smart ass he said be a do-gooder.

When being pulled over:

Have your drivers license ready.

Always drive with your head lights on day and night and indicate with your indicator when you pull of and immediately put on you hazards.

Greet the officers friendly.

Present them with your drivers license.

Comment that you appreciate them doing such a great job to keep us safe.

Say you are sorry that they have to work in the sun and rain to keep us safe and you appreciate it.

Before you leave say that they must work safe and enjoy the day.

Indicate with your indicator when you return to the road surface and wave to them.

Be calm and friendly and 9 out of the 10 times you will be on your way in lest than 2 minutes.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptein L View Post
    Just saying: " And you don't want passers-by to see you have guns in the boot. explain it politely."

I also served in SAPS.

If you are not busy with criminal activity or have unlicensed firearms/ ammunition or narcotic's ens. in your possession you have nothing to declare.

If then asked specifically if you have a firearm the response is yes a legal licensed one can I show you the license?

I then asked why you did not declare said licensed firearm you respond very politely by saying that you are under the impression that the question related to unlicensed and other unlawful articles/substance's of which you have none in your possession.

He never said be impolite he said that for you to safely clear your firearm they need to provide you with said facility.

Be sure that should you have an AD at said roadblock it might end bad for you in many ways the least is being charge for it you might end up being shot and die.

When being pulled over:

Always drive with your head lights on day and night and indicate with your indicator when you pull of and immediately put on you hazards.

Say you are sorry that they have to work in the sun and rain to keep us safe and you appreciate it.

Indicate with your indicator when you return to the road surface and wave to them.

Be calm and friendly and 9 out of the 10 times you will be on your way in lest than 2 minutes.
    Exactly this!

User

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoFace View Post
    Let’s see?

Sent from my Fax Machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post

What the heck kind of accident caused that to happen. Did you hit a wall full on at 180km/h??

User

I also served in SAPS.

When being pulled over:

I agree with all your points bar one. He said: "If asked if you have a gun you answer "I have nothing to declare" "

In my opinion, answering a direct question about whether you have a firearm with an obtuse answer is bad advice.

User

I also served in SAPS.

When being pulled over:

Kaptein L I agree wholeheartedly with the majority of your points. Especially where you indicate that one should thank the officers for doing a dangerous job for our safety. A few bad apples give all SAPS a bad name, and that is not the case. I do agree they are underfunded, poorly trained these days compared t the 90s and early 2000s, and poorly paid.

Out of interest, what is the logic of saying "I have nothing t declare"? Because I cannot see that this would warrant an officer letting you go if he has just cause to search your vehicle and person (I still don't agree with responding with this term when stopped - each to his own).

User

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    What the heck kind of accident caused that to happen. Did you hit a wall full on at 180km/h??
    A cop dropped it when he was inspecting the FA at a roadblock. Haha!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    Sorry, Firearm next to your seat??
    Would you like me to share the photos of my broken in half HK P30L after an accident were it was next to my seat?

So...I should not drive with my FA next to my seat, in case I am in an accident, so my gun does not break?

Steven001, if this is what your FA looked like, your are lucky to be alive old chap.

Not quite sure how you wanted me to respond to the pic, but I am sure that you did not achieve your objective on this one bud.

Anyway, glad you came out from this one alive man.

User

Quote Originally Posted by foxtrot1 View Post
    So...I should not drive with my FA next to my seat, in case I am in an accident, so my gun does not break?

Steven001, if this is what your FA looked like, your are lucky to be alive old chap.

Not quite sure how you wanted me to respond to the pic, but I am sure that you did not achieve your objective on this one bud.

Anyway, glad you came out from this one alive man.
    Keeping your gun on your person while driving has many more pros than cons, I am not going to try to convince you of anything though, how you keep your handgun while driving has got fokkol to do with me and thats perfectly fine

We (my young family and I) got side swiped by a car from the oncoming side of the highway, I was doing 100 KM per hour, down an incline, rolled 5 times and eventually picked up the 2 pieces of this gun about 60 meters away from the wreck….

Anything loose in a car can become a projectile in an accident, I prefer to keep my life saving tool on my body obviously…

User

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    Toyota Rollux, 100 KM per hour only I shit you not…

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast